Live music/karaoke bars for a woman alone

I've been in Bahrain a few of weeks now, and although I have a couple of friends, they don't really go to bars.
I'm looking to meet people who enjoy listening to live music, and dancing. Also information on any open mic nights/karaoke bars.  I've done a bit of singing in my time and I'd like to continue if possible. Are there any 'nice' places I can go as a woman alone?

Although I'm in my late forties, I'm doing my best to grow old disgracefully!
I'd like to meet people in a similar-ish age group please. I'm an Australian but have been an expat for more than 20 years. I've lived in a few GCC countries but really like the feel of Bahrain (after the hype of Dubai).

I hope that by next weekend I won't have to stay indoors with my music too loud, annoying the neighbours! Instead I hope I'll be out on the town... :)

Hi there.  I'm new to the area, so don't know of any places yet, but will keep my eye n this post.  I'd love to go do some karaoke with you!  I had a DJ business back in the states, so I do some singing too.  I hope the others give us both some info!
Stefne915

Hi...age doesnt matter mam if you really want to enjoy life,same thing here im that kind of person you are looking for...i will bring you to different places where live bands are and as well as karaoke...contact me willingly to be your friend...

I agree with Golbin - I wouldn't worry about age as long as you enjoy yourself, doing the things you like.  :top:

There a bars in Bahrain that have live bands and on weekends they tend to be very popular and crowded.
In Juffair and Adliya there are a few bars that have live bands.

Enjoy your weekend  :whistle:

JJs does karaoke on Mondays. Will be going so Inbox me your phone details and you can come along if you like.

Lots of bars and outlets have karaoke lounges. But are all such places suitable for ladies to go to by themselves is something that has to be considered. There was a place my friends and I used to go. The Karaoke section was separated from the rest of the bar and hence quite good.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Unfortunately I have to leave Bahrain for a couple of months because my job has fallen through.
I hope to be back early in the new year, and look forward to making contact again. :)