Alien to move into Jakarta soon, need some advise

Hi

Self is Jason from Malaysia and i will transfer to work at Jakarta by the month of October.
Need some advise that can I survive with INR 10 million spend on food only a month as company will pay for all my expenses at there including week day meal (claimable) plus driver and a car as well.

Well I am not a golfer or club crazy but I like to watch movies and also do some window shopping. I have check that the price of food at JKT is around similar to other city center in SEA especially Kuala Lumpur

So sorry for asking such weird question as I need to reserve more than 50% of my wages for my family that is not staying at JKT with me.

My boss had mentioned that I will be staying at Kelapa Gading MOI Apartment.

Thanks for the help

Regards
JT

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum here.

You will be perfectly fine with 10 Mio on food only, you even should be able to save money bearing in mind that all other expenses are covered by the company and that you are by yourself only.

Cheers,

Hi happy hour,

Thanks for the informations given, at lease I know what I need to prepare at there..

Just another advise, make sure that you will have the right permits to legally work in Indonesia.

:top: thanks for the advise and company are currently applying KITAS for me, if all doing well and I need to report at JKT branch office before October itself.
That's why I was sourcing around the web and found out this side that helps me a lot... :thanks:

Let us know how long the kitas takes as there are issues in many fields of business at the moment with having them processed and all at various stage.

Luke is right, there are many different issues to consider and it can take quite some time until all is ready. Sounds your company knows what to do however, KITAS is one thing but you must have also the IMTA (work permit) from the Manpower.

Happy hour,

Thanks for the additional information provided and at least there is IMTA other than this KITAS thus will double check with my boss on this matter as all this will be done by Indonesia branch office itself.

Lukereg,

Actually I work in servicing industries where my company got branches around Asia countries and currently my boss assign me to assist the Indonesia Country Director on daily routine.
I didn't know how long all these things can be out but my boss actually is an expat also previously where he stay at Jakarta for more than 10 years.
Anyway will try to check with him on the duration taken thus what is the magic that they have done..

Thanks

Just update us and feel free to ask, people are happy to assist.

It's always better to gather informations from others as well because in the end it is you who may can face problems when working here without having proper documents.

happyhour wrote:

Just update us and feel free to ask, people are happy to assist.

It's always better to gather informations from others as well because in the end it is you who may can face problems when working here without having proper documents.

Actually I am very happy that got assistance from you, lukereg and this blog...

Is there any other things that I need to take note on the gov issues do let me know please thus I need to be alert on this matter in order not to get myself in any trouble once reaching there...

Very appreciate for the help...

Thanks

Do you mind telling more about the company, your job description....what means working in the servicing industry, ??

In your company already expats employed or will you be the first one ??

happyhour wrote:

Do you mind telling more about the company, your job description....what means working in the servicing industry, ??

In your company already expats employed or will you be the first one ??

So sorry to make you confused, actually I work in International Shipping companies... Actually they assign me as Adviser at there for 3 years as training to assist the country director at there...

Actually this is not the 1st time that they hire expats as our job will be transfer to here and there, just only :D  me 1st time been transfer out from my country... That's why it is like I am the Alien invading other people country for the 1st time  :/ and need to know more about working as expat and what should I need to prepare before entering to Indonesia office...

Some more I do not dare to ask more from them coz I scared interrupt their daily routine, so I just search it at web...

Just like my avatar full of question mark...  :dumbom:

thanks

jt9556 wrote:
happyhour wrote:

"In your company already expats employed or will you be the first one ??

So sorry to make you confused, actually I work in International Shipping companies... Actually they assign me as Adviser at there for 3 years as training to assist the country director at there..."

If you will work for an International shipping company then they should know how to handle to get you the right permits (assume you are min 25 years old)

"Actually this is not the 1st time that they hire expats as our job will be transfer to here and there, just only :D  me 1st time been transfer out from my country... That's why it is like I am the Alien invading other people country for the 1st time  :/ and need to know more about working as expat and what should I need to prepare before entering to Indonesia office...

Some more I do not dare to ask more from them coz I scared interrupt their daily routine, so I just search it at web..."

You should not hesitate to keep asking your colleagues about your new assignment because it shows also that you are serious interested in your new position and that you want to be well prepared.

Just like my avatar full of question mark...  :dumbom:

thanks

Hi happyhour,

Thanks for the advise and will try to ask more on this matters

Hope to meet you at Indonesia

Best Regards and happy weekend

Enough.. :)

Ha ha ha