Looking for a job opportunity in Milan!

Hi everyone,

My name is Lauren and I'm a 23 year old university graduate from Canada. I am looking to move to Milan, however, I have not come across a job opportunity yet. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts specializing in Psychology. I thought I wanted to continue in this field however I have recently realized that I'd rather use my psychology background as an advantage in another line of work. I've always loved the fashion field and have dreamt of being a part of it one day.

Naturally, Milan being the fashion capital of Italy, I would like to move here and further that interest. One of my strongest attributes is being a people person, so I am able to read people and interact with them, and having a Psychology background helps in that aspect as well.
This being said, I am willing to try new things, start from the bottom and grow, and most importantly to find my niche.

I hope to hear back from anyone who could possibly help, point me in the right direction, or put me in contact with people in the industry.

I also only speak English and French. I do not know Italian as of right now but I do plan on learning.

Thank you so much!

Hello  Lauren

Welcome to the forum of Expat.com :)

For your job hunt, i suggest you to place an advert in our jobs section :Jobs in Milan

Hope soon enough some members would help you out even further.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Lauren, as a native English speaker you should have no problem finding a job teaching English to begin with.. once you've gotten here, I'd just start networking. That's the best way to do it, in my opinion. I moved here without a job, did the teaching thing for a bit and  looked for other work. Now work for a cool company in Milan. Easy. Searching from abroad is much harder, honestly.