Resident Return Visa

I'm after any information that can help me on the matter of 'Resident Return Visa' to Australia. I'm English born, but migrated in 1969 with my parents and have lived in Australia ever since. I've been in Viet Nam for nearly 4 months and I am staying till April 2015. When I left Australia they told me my RRV was out of date and I needed to re-new it.
When I looked on line for the renewal information it states that if you are excepted they will issue you with a 5 year visa, or a 1 year visa (RRV) depending on the information that you supply them with. What I would like to know if anyone can tell me is can I just get a 1 year RRV as I won't be leaving Australia for a while ( and if I do then I will apply for a longer one back in Australia ) that information is not on the web-site. Is there anyone who has had this problem, or knows the answer.
Cheers.

You should ask for a Visa service. I saw many ads over Internet ( Search Google : " dịch vụ Visa " etc... )

Thanks for that 'zanchun'.

Hi,

I just can suggest someone who knows well about Australia laws for helping you.

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … 〈=en

Regards

The length of the validity of the visa depends on your circumstances. If you have spent at least two years in Australia in the past five years prior to applying for an RRV, then you will be granted a five year RRV (subclass 155) automatically.  But if you haven't spent 2 years in the past five years, but you have some substantial ties with Australia such as having a property or business, you will be granted with a one year RRV (subclass 155).  You can't choose the length of your RRV.  If you don't have substantial ties with Australia, you will be granted a three month RRV (subclass 157).   If you are granted subclass 157, you have to go back to Australia within 3 months from the date of grant and you may not be able to leave Australia until you spend two years in Australia.  In other words, you cannot choose the length of an RRV, but your circumstances determine itself.

If you are away from Australia more than five years, there is no way you can go back to Australia as a permanent resident.  Five year absence from Australia automatically cancels your permanent residency.

If you have lived in Australia for at least two years of the past five years and are granted a Subclass 155 Resident Return visa it will have a five year travel facility from date of grant.

If you are granted a Subclass 155 Resident Return visa on the basis of your substantial ties of benefit to Australia, then your travel facility will be for a year from the date of the grant.

If you are granted a Subclass 155 Resident Return visa because you are a family member of a person who holds a Subclass 155, or who has also applied for Resident Return Visa and satisfies criteria for grant, then your travel facility will be for either a year or less than a year from date of grant.

If you are granted a Subclass 157 visa the travel facility will be for 3 months from date of grant.

hi ring +614 3472 4204 the guys name is thai Nguyen he does the immigration work for the law firm were i work he can assist you your problem this  is common with the children of people who immigrated to Australia you should have been included on yr mothers passport and included when yr parents took citizenship I saw yr blog here in nam when I looked at yr bike its ashame its not closer to me I am in the south at my chao we say me tor how much to ship here regards mark sloss