Okay I'm going crazy

Yes I'm going crazy
I don't think I can live my life like this for next coming months
I really need to get either a pet (I doubt it I am allowed to) do some sports or lock myself in my room and repeat this routine everyday

Expats outhere, professional ones who spend most of their time in the office or toilet cubicles ... Can you guys please suggest what can I or we do in KL after office hours besides groccery shopping n wander around at the malls?

Cheers
C8TTY

That is why I am moving out of here very soon

I can't wait for October! December!
Ugh.

whats going on in December?r u moving out too?

I had the same feeling when i moved here in KL, however i occupied myself mostly in the office work from Monday to Friday, I spent extra hours in the office to learn new things. But weekend, i used to travel (even alone), just like backpacker. There are so many places you must visit in Malaysia.

As time past, I'm sure you may find a companion or frenz who can accompany you whenever, wherever you go.

Nice places are:
Langkawi
Penang
Redang
Taman Nigara
Malacaa

There is always you could get out of the bathroom and do something for others.

Volunteers are very needed and activities range from teaching to fund raising.

DOGOODVOLUNTEERING is run by the Leaderomics group at the Star newspaper found easily at star online.

I think what matter the most is to find good company and share interests..

I am moving to KL by the end of this month, it s kind of frightening me the fact that i will be alone, but I am counting to meet new friends and to enjoy the time i ll spend there... I would be pleased to meet you, if you also like activities, travelling and going out :)

Gravitas, could you please suggest associations or activities that requires volunteers, I am interested on teaching and social work

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it, so far it's been good, I'll be moving out from this hotel next week - finally.

I would love to meet new people and do stuff but its all depends on the location. Its really hard to get around if you don't have a car.

I am def not gonna be driving here.

Its just too crazy

Carolina my dear. Cheer up. One door closed there s always another one opens for you.

Go out and don't think too much about it.
You're young. You have so many years ahead of you to enjoy. :)

mama_singh8

UNHCR Volunteers teach in the refugee schools here. A variety of subjects including mathematics and computing, and of course English.

UNHCR Malaysia Volunteers:    https://www.shiftboard.com/unhcrmalaysia

There are others too, that cover a range of activities:

http://beta.dogoodvolunteer.com/https://www.facebook.com/DoGoodVolunteer

sani2014 wrote:

Hallo, whats make you going crazy? Is there anything we could assist? Please let us know

It's all gooooodddddd

Catwmn wrote:

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it, so far it's been good, I'll be moving out from this hotel next week - finally.

I would love to meet new people and do stuff but its all depends on the location. Its really hard to get around if you don't have a car.

I am def not gonna be driving here.

Its just too crazy

I had a car in KL for 7 years and dumped it. It was not too crazy but it was too expensive. Along the way I got a bike and have been on it for the past 7 years and that solves most problems of transport. I agree someone cant live properly without his/her own transport and for me, bike was the way. On that bike I been all over Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore. If you are too afraid of a bike for any reason, buy an older Proton Saga for RM6000. Not much money, solves your problems. But relying on bus, taxi, LRT, friends? Forget it.

Omar Salim wrote:

That is why I am moving out of here very soon

I want out, too, before the end of the year. Ive had enough.  Im curious what your reasons are.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Find something that interests you and do it! In my case it's martial arts and i do it every time I am free. Traveling even for a day or two. Just getting out of town to recharge urself.
Wve  go out to the movies is already better than just wander around in malls.

Thanks girls :)
I found a new hobby, cooking and baking.
Over the weekends, sunbathing, books and work out. Nothing much ;)

Catwmn wrote:

Yes I'm going crazy

Can you guys please suggest what can I or we do in KL after office hours besides groccery shopping n wander around at the malls?

Cheers
C8TTY

OMG.
I spent three, two month holidays in KL and area, and didn't have even close to enough time to explore the place.
If I was single and working there, I'd have a weekend bag packed every Thursday so I could get lost every Friday.
It'd take me years to run out of things to do and places to visit.

Yeah that would be really great yeah?

I would have done the same but I don't have enough time to go out due to work commitment.

Like I've said - I was born here, having dual permits, is another reason why I do boring stuff.

I can always come back, and better, with someone special.

You know what they say, its not the destination you re going, its who you are travelling with ;) and have fun!

Although alone backpacking could be fun to some, but not me. Hehehehe

I hate backpacking with other people.
I have a habit of catching any bus that looks like it might go somewhere interesting.
You can do it if you don't need to have a debate with someone about where to go.
If anyone wants to try that, carry one of those super lightweight emergency shelters in case there isn't a hotel available.

Haha you are def someone who is worth travelling with and I like that

I'm very bad with directions ;) even when driving, my guy always gets upset!! Miss turn and all that sorta stuff haha miss those moments... Ahhhhh.. Wish I was back home

I do maps, to the point where I don't need to look at them very much.
I hired a car in Ipoh, and drove to Padang Gerus, only looking at the map twice.
After 8 years, I can still find the place on a map and I can still remember the route.
I'm rubbish on faces and names, but maps stick in my head.

There are activities that you could do!

Take up a sport, outdoor activities, networking with people.

I spend my weekends going for running events, jungle trekking, hiking etc. There are one day events i.e. Short day trips etc that you could do.

hi catwmn
i have been to australia and travelled to quite a few places myself
I think we malaysian are friendlier. As an  australian you should not have problem making friends here unless u r very choosy and cannot blend in
Also , kuala lumpur is more develop than australia and has more entertainment places.
maybe you are adapting...it is easy to make friends here....but of course malaysian are also reserve to certain foreign races as well like all other countries

Thanks but I disagree on Kuala Lumpur is more developed than Australia.
When MY is currently a developing country?
I don't know about that.
Melbourne, where I come from, is the most livable city in the world. :p Reason is the coffees. Jk.

Anyways. You can't just compare "travelling" and "living". Its like comparing apples to oranges. Well of course its a different case if you have lived in Australia for years.

So far, I think its because I'm a girl and reading news online about KL, just scared the pineapples outta me. Rape, murder and all.

And it happens almost everyday. I'd rather just stay at home, and just wait every 3 months for my next trip and to have friends coming over :)

Thank you for your comment!

I'm doing the same :p

yes...the reporters in malaysia oversell their story. i only read the sports , classified and business section. try reading the papers from the back...like chinese
you will feel better
most malaysian are ordinary simple people making a living for the family
maybe try and be close to your office mate for a start...eventually u will be comfortable
i live in kota damansara , landed property and in our vicinity, there are a few foreigners married to local and living happily. Infact on weekends, they join us for teh tarik cause muslims dont drink alcohol

i know how you feel...my sis tells me alot when we meet. she is a british citizen and also an international officer
My sis tells me...most complaints are from migrants and yet they keep coming

Thing is they are pretty much in their own world.  I'm currently working with them (not under them)

Staff are Chinese and directors are Brits.
All married and have their own life to live ; spend time with kids over the weekend.

But like I've said, I'm all good being alone and do my own things. What people have suggested here are nice and useful.

I wonder if girls would prefer that too; teh tarik. Love it. I even bought the teh.. Noiice. But can't consume that everyday, sugarrrrrrrr

Anyways I'm worried about my safety almost everyday. Why? Previous weeks experience. Guys being sleazy... And did something bad.

Mouth sealed. I won't go further.

ok...the bad guys are everywhere in the world
we locals are affected too....anyway , enjoy malaysia
hopefully one day we can have teh tarik..without sugar

Enjoying it every bit, especially the massage parlour hehehehe thank you! For sure :)

:)

Dear Catwmn,

I guess there are lot of fun places around Kl.

For example, Ampang high kl view. its very nice place even though it seems rural area.
u can visit some where around shah Alam, for cycling and jungle tracking, it called  Taman Pertanian Malaysia, the details as below:

Address: Taman Pertanian Malaysia, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-5510 692

and more, just think of what u like and u will find it.

wish you u best, take care

honestly, there is plenty of things to do.... my only problem is not enough time

My suggestion is, go to bangsar baru or changkat in the evenings or weekends.. plenty of places to go and grab a bite or a drink... the area is packed with expats and locals

area's to visit , penang, langkawi, alternatively fly out to neighboring cities on the weekends, kl is close to singapore, thailand, cambodia, indonesia (within 3 hour flight)

feel free to contact me if u need to a partner in crime, you're welcome to join me and my friends for a drink or something