My introduction

Hola buddies,

I am Sunny from India, we are into exports of Teak to India, I will be joining my Team in Ecuador this month, I will be stationed first near Quevedo, and then once my family arrives will be in Guayaquil, kindly help me out if you have any good info of Quevedo.

My son will be here next Feb and I would need to put him up in Kindergarten, if you can suggest some good pre schools would be great.

Any advises are always welcome. and any information about the countries I have already visited can be discussed.

Thanks again and hope to have a great time in Ecuador..

Cheers!!!

Welcome Sunny, I'm new to the Blog, but just wanted to send out a friendly welcome. One of my close colleagues lives in Bangladesh and it's on my list of travel destinations (including Bali) ...after Ecuador of course :-).

Thanks Dee Curry

Welcome to the blog, its a great way to discover the country without actually travelling. So many ppl to help and all the info to make your decisions easier.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do and will keep posting my experiences as and when I travel and survey the country and its businesses.

Bangladesh are very friendly ppl and you will love their food and ambiance, there is always and flip side to it so hope your colleague will take care of that. Bali as everyone knows is one of the best tourist spots in the world. Any Help needed in Jakarta let me know will arrange as per my best efforts with my contact there. 

Till then !! Good Luck !!

Some people would question the exploitation of the teak forests & may find your naivety on this subject with apprehension.
Also, as a Brit who has seen 1st hand the troubles & troublesome Bangladeshi's your 2nd statement is also questionable!
Sorry not to wrap my comments in fancy paper with pretty ribbons on it, but it's time everyone started to say it as it is!!!

Everyone has their own views and apprehension, respect yours.

Hi, Sunny. Can't offer any advice on Quevedo (I really don't know much beyond Quito), but welcome to the blog.

I expect some here will be more helpful, though there probably are not that many living in Quevedo (most here seem to be from Cuenca, with Quito running second, and the various coastal cities third).

But, in any case, you seem to have the right attitude, and I'm sure you and your family will do well.

britmick wrote:

Some people would question the exploitation of the teak forests & may find your naivety on this subject with apprehension.
Also, as a Brit who has seen 1st hand the troubles & troublesome Bangladeshi's your 2nd statement is also questionable!
Sorry not to wrap my comments in fancy paper with pretty ribbons on it, but it's time everyone started to say it as it is!!!

Teak is grown and harvested like corn is in Iowa. It's a crop and not some undisturbed forest.  In fact, teak farming as an investment has increased forest coverage, not diminished it.

I do enjoy learning through the dialogue here and I appreciate everyone sharing. I know this thread is for new members to introduce themselves, however, I would like to make a correction. I actually meant to type Bangalore not Bangladesh. It was an honest mistake... my brain starts playing tricks on me after so many hours without sleep...lol. I do appreciate everyone sharing their views about Bangladesh...it gave me an opportunity to check it out....definitely not a place I would visit...the political climate seems far too hostile for my taste. However, Bangalore & Bali are both still on my travel list :-)

Sorry--but I tend to see the environment differently from Texans. Every environmental problem known to man has one common denominator--man!

Hi Sunny

I am new in blog.
Want to settle abroad ( may be Ecuador ).
I am Gujarati doing business of graphics design.
Guide me.

Atul

How was your experience,
I am with my family here in Ecuador and have been enjoying Ecuador and the business development, its been more than 2 years and we have enjoyed every bit of ecuador here... hope you have been well too. Tc