Considering renting house in the North

Hi, My partner and I are hoping to come to Mauritius in March 2015 from the UK and would like to rent a house in the North.  We are looking at areas close to Grand Baie (But not in Grand Baie itself) we have been looking  online at properties in Mon Choisy, Pereybere and Bain Boeuf, but have recently noticed some nice properties in Calodyne.  We have not been there before and do not know anything about it.  Could anyone let me know what sort of area it is? are there any bars /  retaurants in the area? what are the beaches like there? How long would it take to get to Grand Baie by car?

Views / info would be appreciated

Carol

This is a very nice area. Clean beaches, shops and restaurants. This Hotel Zone. There is a police station and a bus pass. Prices for two-storey house in the area - 10,000 - 15,000 rupees. If the pool is at least 15,000 rupees per month. To the Grand Bay about 10 km, 12-15 minutes away by car. In Grand Bay nearby supermarkets and shops with souvenirs and clothing ..

Hi Carol29. Calodyne seems quite quiet and small compared to some of the larger villages/ towns in the north. There are a few restaurants (I haven't used any) and an Intermart supermarket which is convenient and quite well served. The beaches I've seen seem ok but there are bigger and nicer ones, like Perybere, within a fairly short distance. The roads in the north are good in my opinion and, as nickolya said, it's not far to Grand Baie. Good luck with your search!

Thanks to those of you who have replied, I think we will difinitely have  look around that area when we come to mauritus again next month.

Hi Carol,

Sorry to have missed you last time. Give me a buzz when you land and we can arrange to meet up.

Regards.

Steph.

Beach is nice and where our cottage is pretty shallow :) But yeah very close to Grand baie ( Sorry not much detail from me since I get confused where places are). :( Also like someone above said it is very quiet and calm.

Will do Steph

(Moderated: no free ad please)

(advertising is not allowed)

Trou aux biches also is thr niciest placr for touriste .

Thanks to everyne that has replied.  We have now found a villa to rent in Pereybere.

Hi Carol29, Normally Calodyn is a bit up from the north center - Grand Bay (around 15-20 min by car). The nearest and best places is Trou aux Biches, Mont Choisi and Pereybere (around 5 to 10min by car). You got all facilities available supermarket, restaurents, pub, club, police station, taxi,  bus stand, medical services, sports activities, etc ... im currently leaving in a Single Bungalow in Pereybere the place is great and calm, the price also is interesting. Let me know if need some info and maybe can meet up for a drink.

Hi
I have a large house fenced with parking space on grand bay main road  la cuvette beach 2 mins away

Let me know

Your best price please ans is there a possibility of wetting up a business in catering out there..

Regards

Vik

Hi bok
the house is on grand bay main road

Fenced garaged. 2 storey building with 7+ bedroom. 2 bath, 30000 monthly

What type of catering you interested in

@ reza777 > Please note that housing offers should be made in the Housing in Mauritius section and not on the forum please. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

My bad  :)

(moderated: please post your ad in the housing section)

am looking to share a room.

A friend of mine is also looking to share a room with someone, she resides in grand baie at the moment.
she might be of help  :)

Yes we are still looking for a house - 4 bedr, nice big garden, open plan.

(moderated: please post your ad in the housing section)

Hello

please post in the housing section. thanks