Vietnam bank accounts for foreigners/expats

I am looking into doing some online work to make some extra $$$, and need PayPal for the payment processing. As it turns out, PayPal requires that i have a Vietnam checking account & debit or credit card, since i live here. My US bank account, etc. will not suffice. Does anyone know if the Vietnam Banks will let foreigners/expats open accounts, and do they even have checking accounts and debit cards here? I plan to go to the bank i have been doing transactions with for about 9 months, tomorrow around 4PM, but would like to find out what i can before i go. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dennis

I often withdraw my Paypal money with ACB bank account. It's simple, just go to the bank, the bank adviser will tell you how to do

Vietcombank accepts PayPal and you can get a debit card....no hassles, no problems.

Very simple: go to any local Bank & open an account incl. online-banking & debit-visa-card. You only need to carry your passport with a valid visa. As well you should have a viet-mobile-number to get free info by shortmessages.
Kind regards
P.S.: you can get 2 different account-numbers: 1 for VND & 1 for $ US - but the ATMs here will work only for VND.
I use the same for PayPal-transfers.

Thanks for the reply and info. I am heading to the bank in an hour or so, so i hope it all goes well & i get everything set-up that i need.