Looking for info on Al Khobar

Hi everyone -
Looking for some information on Al Khobar.  My family has lived in Yanbu for the past 2 years but now my hubby is interviewing for a position in Khobar.  Any information you have would be great - used to Saudi life but we lived in town in Yanbu and not in a compound and I didn't feel comfortable in the end.  Wondering about schools and safety in the area and any comparison with Yanbu (Yanbu was somewhat conservative and not much to do for women) would be great!! We're just at the interviewing process but looking for any information anyone has for best compounds and schooling along with activities for kids on the compounds.  THANKS!

it will be a huge upgrade for you.... Khobar is less restrictive.. has great schools and bahrain is an hour away :)

I agree with the previous comment, life in Khobar is less restrictive than Yanbu

Khobar is awesome :D

You gonna love it , more developed , multi-cultural people :)

Khobar is beautiful and peaceful with multicultural peoples city, roads and buildings are awesome, with all facilities with transportation, schools, hospitals, parks . delicious various of cuisines, available in any part of the city.

Good food, nice coastal roads, civilized traffic compared to other parts of saudi, people are much nicer, and good winters.

Thanks so much everyone - I do have one question.  My daughter is blonde hair and blue eyes, we had a problem in Yanbu with people just randomly touching and kissing her which made her very upset.  I'm hoping the Khobar is more multicultural in that we could go to the mall and not attract a crowd - closer to what life is like is like in Jeddah??  Is that true? Please say yes :)

Yes :)

Thanks so much!

hopefully, people here won't. But what can u say.....she is a cute kid  :)

it is just a way of showing their affection. compliments.

Yanbu is the sticks and Khobar is the city. Anything and everthing is there.
As a westerner you will feel right at home. The weather is same as New Orleans.
Shopping and eating from IKEA to KFC.
I am here 20 years its all what you make it.
God Bess!