Maltese Visa - Terms and Conditions

Hi all,
I will be moving to Malta by the mid of September. I have few questions, could anyone be kind enough to answer me ?
1. How long is the work visa given by Maltese Government ?
2. With that work visa can I travel to Schengen countries in EU ?
3. If it is possible to travel to Schengen countries, how long can I stay in a foreign country leaving Malta ?
Thanks in Advance.
Best Regards,
Shri Hari Venkatesh GOVINDARAJU.

Hi,

it is a bit difficult to answer your question without knowing your residence status in France. If you are a resident of France you can travel to Malta for up to 3 months as a tourist.

There is no work visa given by the Maltese Government. If you find a job in Malta you can apply for a work permit as a non-EU citizen but the chances are you will be denied.If a work permit is given it will be for as long as your work contract lasts , up to a maximum of 1 year.The work permit only allows you to work in Malta with the job you applied for. It does not allow you to work anywhere else.

With a work permit for Malta you will be given residency for 1 year and can also travel within the Schengen area for up to 3 months but not to work anywhere else.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

First, my sincere thanks for your consideration and time. I hold a work visa in France, I knew, with that I cannot work in Malta but I can just travel to Schengen EU countries. For your information, I will be working with a Maltese company from September and their lawyers are processing my work visa. So I have a job and I would get the work permit soon, no issues with that.

And you have answered my question as well.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Shri Hari Venkatesh GOVINDARAJU.