Where will I start to look for a house to rent?

Good Morning,
I am planning to move to Spain with a financial services company and I am in the early stages of the interview process.
It looks like the placement could be Alicante or Barcelona. Where will I start to look for a house to rent in either of these areas. I could be out there for more than 2 years.

Andy

Good place to check out places are the holiday lettings sites as you can start off in an area if you like it you can ask for a long term rent for better rates up until summer high season next year by txhen you will have more of an idea of where you woukd like to be and can go for a lomger contract but if contracts the same in those areas if you sign a one or two year contract if you want to move before they can ask you to pay the remaining rent on contract ( technically!) try an area short term before committing. Oh and take a spanish speaker with you so you dont get diddled.

If you can hadle soanish then look on ad pages like segundomano or mil anuncios which are more often private people advertising or if you are alicante area there is a brit newspaper costa blanca news which also has a facebook page so check that out post your query there someone local will trump up i am sure.

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Spain forum in order to give much more importance to your thread.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

idealista and fotocasa are possibly the two biggest real estate sites in Spain. You can choose by area and price, etc.. most things you will find on other sites will be posted on these ones too.