Hi from a newcomer. I am looking forward to meeting you all :)

Hi everybody,

I come from Greece and I am moving to Seoul on Sept 1st. The last 3 years I have worked and lived in Saoudi Arabia, Vietnam and India. It was a great period of time and I met some lovely people both expats and locals. Seoul will be my home for the next 2 years (at least) and so I really want to establish a good network of friends.

What makes me feel happy? Hang out with friends, neverending discussions about everything and most of all, I love people who like to share things like culture, way of thinking, ideas, opinions, knowledge, information etc. Newbie in this Metropolis, I will need  lot of guidance. But hey, I have lots to give.

Luckily I have secured a very good job and accommodation. But we all know that the key to a balanced life is our friends and relatives. So, do not hesitate to contact me for any reason.

Look forward to meeting you all...... I am really excited!

Cheers
Steven

Hello Steven-expat

So as to increase your chances to meet other expats and make new friends, I would suggest you to participate on threads on the forum. ;)

There are a lot of expatriates, like you, who are wishing to make good friends.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Kenjee,

Always promising to find friends in this blog. However, it looks like members do not visit the Korean forum often. Is it because of the certain period of time?

Hello Steven-expat

Hope that they visit it soon so that you can find a nice group of expats though!

I guess there aint much expats free these days for networking  :/

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Kenjee,

Thanks for keeping my topic alive! ;)
What about the rest of the expat community? Anyone there? Come on guys.....

:cheers:
Steven

So............

The day of my landing in Korea is just around the corner.... On Aug 29 I will be in Seoul and the first thing I want to avoid is the feeling of being alone. It's crazy when at the same time you are surrounded by millions of people but none to talk to.

It becomes more crazy when you go out and you finally end up walking arround, eating or  drinking a coffee or a beer alone. You know how pathetic it is...

I ll be staying in Gangnam station area and any kind of advice regarding places to go out and meet others would be helpful. Alternatively, you may suggest me expat forums or FB groups where I could interact with others and finally meet up with them. It would also be a pleasure if I could meet Korean english speaking friends.

Hope this time have a couple of responses on my topic.

Cheers

HI many korean can't speak eng well. so you could go to guest house in seoul and make friends.
i know what you feels being alone. but.. I'm sorry this is my only advice.
or you can go to Itaewon (http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SH/ … _2_6_1.jsp)

:/ hi I am looking to meeting u