Do you have very noticable climatic changes?

Usually we dont have significant climatic changes as summer, Winter, spring and autumn. But when I was schooling we were taught about the monsoon periods and really in those periods we had rain on time.
But no more we have such significant monsoons in sri Lanka. Some-days it rains and next day it drys up to bits with a hot sun. You can not predict the climate any more. What is happening to our climate? Is it same in your country?

The yearly monsoon is a mess here, with rain when it should be dry, and dry when it should be raining.
I'm assured el nino is the culprit.- If I can find his number, I'll give him a good telling off.

More seriously, many people are suggesting this will effect the rice crops, possibly causing a shortage in the coming months.

mal wrote:

Usually we dont have significant climatic changes as summer, Winter, spring and autumn. But when I was schooling we were taught about the monsoon periods and really in those periods we had rain on time.
But no more we have such significant monsoons in sri Lanka. Some-days it rains and next day it drys up to bits with a hot sun. You can not predict the climate any more. What is happening to our climate? Is it same in your country?

Here in Congo we have winter season with drizzling some times, rest of the year is rainy season with hot summer which is called wet and hot season................

Ours is an Agricultural based country. So due to changes of monsoon, farmers are facing problems. Earlier they all plant paddy or harvest same time of the year but now when one is planting the next is harvesting... most of the cultivations are affected by flood. It is on luck of the person.

We have 2 seasons - wet and slightly less wet.

mal wrote:

Do you have very noticable climatic changes?

Yes, it's much warmer now and the sun is shining!
(Yesterday was cold and rainy.)
Even Singapore, where I lived before and which sits right next to the equator, there were two distinct seasons: One wet and very hot, the other hot and very wet.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR