Anyone knows where can one get Halal cosmetics in Riyadh?

One of my sister wants me to gift her Halal cosmetic... I searched online but no help.
If anyone has any idea where can i find them please let me know

Sorry for that, but what on earth is a HALAL cosmetic????

You'll find it in any pharmacy...  :)

SamMou wrote:

Hey no problem!!!!
Recently Muslim women are getting aware of it...
Products should be - alcohol free, cruelty free and pork or pork fat free...
Vegan or purely organic products may work as well

thatSo amigo wrote:

You'll find it in any pharmacy...  :)

Thanks
Know of any brand?
I have mostly seen revlon, maybelline in walk in pharmacies and they dont match what i m searching for

Hello,

I suggest we must step backwards and define 'Halal Cosmetics'.

In the mid 80s there was a big hue and cry on presence of 'Alcohol' in perfumes and after shave lotions and after years of discussion ulu'mas agreed upon the consensus that " Alcoholic is something that is used for intoxication (خمر ) and not as a PH negative alkali ( chemically a compound with a hydro-oxyl OH group). The decision also gave an example that most of the sugar based 'Sweet dishes and Desserts ' if checked chemically will demonstrate presence of xxOH ie an Alcohol.

Therefore before raising an alarm, we need to ask ourselves if we are being victim of xxxxx-ic phobia.

Hello,

There are close to 3 million muslims in the UK and this issue was under discussion there for more than 3 decades. Instead of reinventing the wheel, the muslims there left the research task for the Ula'mas and they came up with the list of brands which can be searched on the net. ( some examples).

ww.muslimconsumergroup.com/cosmetic.html
/prettypeachyandpink.blogspot.com/2013/04/more-on-halal-cosmetics.html /nidasbeautybag.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/halal-or-haram-makeup-how-should-we-research/

Thanks,

seek_15 wrote:
SamMou wrote:

Hey no problem!!!!

I thought that what is formbidden in our religion (Islam) is EATING pork and DRINKING alcohol. Do you eat or drink those Cosmetics?
Alcohol is halal if you use it for cleaning or in perfumes.
Raising pigs and selling them is halal as long as you don't eat them.

FreqFlyer wrote:
seek_15 wrote:
SamMou wrote:

Hey no problem!!!!

I thought that what is formbidden in our religion (Islam) is EATING pork and DRINKING alcohol. Do you eat or drink those Cosmetics?
Alcohol is halal if you use it for cleaning or in perfumes.

Good job buddy, that was my point. ;)

Is that true?  Can I get a source on that?  I don't think that is true, as they are considered "impure/unclean" in Islam, so even touching them or touching an item made from their leather/skin is discouraged and ablution is recommended if touched.  So, how are you going to raise them since doing so you will be in contact with them and their waste matter all the time?

As for the OP, if you are looking for "halal" cosmetics as you defined them, I think most of the stuff at Body Shop and Yves Rocher will fit your criteria.

I thought the whole of "KSA" was supposed to be 'haram' free . :/
No liquor / pork so whats all the fuss about.

Alcohol and animal cruelty are found in hygiene products, cosmetics, and cleaning supplies, as anywhere else.

There are different things people are talking of when it comes to HALAL. Many people think of only eating permissible food items or source of food for HALAL, while there are even people who in addition think about Halal means of earnings and deeds. The reason I guess women are looking for halal cosmetics is to use make-up where there is no encouragement to non halal products as well as where there is no chance of residue left on the skin that may intervene with ablution. I particularly do not use make-up so often, but I have seen women use it almost daily, even during prayers.
Hence just a thought!!!.

Well I have got some brands that I can look for, but still not able to find which mall in Riyadh would host the supply...
OnePure
Fx
Mihri
amara etc...

Trapezius wrote:

Is that true?  Can I get a source on that?  I don't think that is true, as they are considered "impure/unclean" in Islam, so even touching them or touching an item made from their leather/skin is discouraged and ablution is recommended if touched.  So, how are you going to raise them since doing so you will be in contact with them and their waste matter all the time?

As for the OP, if you are looking for "halal" cosmetics as you defined them, I think most of the stuff at Body Shop and Yves Rocher will fit your criteria.

Indeed. The basic assumption for anything in life is it's HALAL. And that who claims that it is not is required to provide his source and prove it hence, it's the other way around, who ever tells you that raising pigs and selling them is Haram should get the evidences. In Canada we are suffering of those bastards who claims that their is a HALAL version of every single product whether its eatable or not just to grow their business. BTW one of them got busted drunk on the Highway 401.

I am sorry, you are wrong.  Using your logic, it is permissible for Muslims to make and/or sell alcoholic drinks as long as they don't drink it themselves, and even to own or work at a brothel, as long as they don't engage in the naughty stuff themselves.  If pigs are forbidden for consumption for Muslims in Islam, how in the world can it be permissible in Islam for them to raise forbidden stuff (pigs) or sell forbidden stuff (pigs) to others?

In Canada we are suffering of those bastards who claims that their is a HALAL version of every single product whether its eatable or not just to grow their business.

That's something very different and completely removed as a concept/issue from the issue of raising/selling pigs.

There are brands such as Lime crime and many more which are vegan.

Guys. I apologize for posting something that is Wrong. Yes you are right, selling pork or using its products is not HALAL.
Wearing a shoes made of Pig leather

pkmusd wrote:

There are brands such as Lime crime and many more which are vegan.

Did you see them in Riyadh?
where?

There is a online store in saudi, my wife buys from them

fb.com/LimitedEditionsKSA

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

I don't know exactly in Riyadh, but check out Halal Cosmetics (halalcosmetics.weebly.com) they ship globally!

Best of Luck!