Can i get married with a turist visa?

Hi everyone, I came to Mauritius on July 31st and I got 60 days visa on my passport, my fiance and i are planning to get married but when I checked about the requirements say that i need a marriage visa. When I search the immigration office website there is no imformation about that.
I would like to know if I can get married with a tourist visa.
Thanks for any help

perumauricio wrote:

Hi everyone, I came to Mauritius on July 31st and I got 60 days visa on my passport, my fiance and i are planning to get married but when I checked about the requirements say that i need a marriage visa. When I search the immigration office website there is no imformation about that.
I would like to know if I can get married with a tourist visa.
Thanks for any help

You can check with the civil status office:

http://www.gov.mu/portal/sites/mfamissi … elines.pdf

since it is stipulated that :
The non-citizen should be the holder of a valid marriage visa issued by the Immigration Office.

The island is popular with weddings for tourists. Enough tourist visa and everything. My wife and I got married here 10 months ago. The procedure itself is delayed for two weeks. We are from Ukraine. Visas we had business - for processing a job.

Maybe was easy for both because u were foreigners then the paperwork is differnt, anyway thank u so much.