Bilingual Schools in Pakse

We are currently living in Vientiane but will be moving to Southern Laos at the end of the year and are looking for a bilingual school for our five year old.  I have been to Pakse many times but have only seen Vision Hill School and don't know anything about it.

Can anyone recommend a school that has high standards and a bilingual curriculum? 

Thanks in advance

Bounmii wrote:

We are currently living in Vientiane but will be moving to Southern Laos at the end of the year and are looking for a bilingual school for our five year old.  I have been to Pakse many times but have only seen Vision Hill School and don't know anything about it.

Can anyone recommend a school that has high standards and a bilingual curriculum? 

Thanks in advance

Kia ora.

I suggest you spend some time in Pakse and go around the place to locate schools there. There are language centres in Pakse.
May be a bit difficult to find bilingual schooling for a 5 year old.
There is the Pakse High school, Phonsay High school, Pakse Teachers Training college, Champassak Technical / Vocational college, Songha College and the arda language centre.

Perhaps ask around at the bilingual schools in Vientiane for some information.

Good luck and keep us updated on progress.

Kai ora, Stumpy. 
I actually worked at PIS in Vientiane for five years and know the owner of KIS who said she might open a school in a year or two but Pakse seems surprisingly lacking in education institutes considering the population and wealth.  My wife has used to live in Pakse and has checked it out recently but there are slim pickings-Vision Hill offers a few hours of English a week and the only other bilingual schools seem to be Chinese or Vietnamese.

Slim pickings indeed in Pakse. That was the reason we moved from there to VT 6 years ago. Far better educational facilities in VT. Our youngest daughter [8] goes to KIS. Eldest daughter[18] has just started training at Mahasot hospital.

Would be great if KIS did open in Pakse as the wife would love to go back down south as she comes from the region. We have a house there too.

Hi everyone,

İ am now staying in future Eastern Star School's building with its manager. So Eastern Star is opening in Pakse in September,2015. If you are interested in, expat me here.

All the best.

Thanks.
:)

hkk_lao wrote:

Hi everyone,

İ am now staying in future Eastern Star School's building with its manager. So Eastern Star is opening in Pakse in September,2015. If you are interested in, expat me here.

All the best.

Thanks.
:)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As the forum is all about the free exchange of information and advice between members could you please post any information you have regarding the school in Pakse. 

What is your role in all this
Location of school in Pakse
Fees
Types of tuition
Age range for students from.... to ...
Teachers local or expat
School facilities like kitchen and dining hall
Extra classes 
School activities

Also need a contact name, email address and a website for the new school.
By posting this information others can then make an informed choice about contacting you.

Thank you.