Move to Oliva, Valencia Nov/Dec 2014

Hello there

I am hoping that some of you will be able to advise me on a few things.

I am due to make the move over to Oliva in Spain. I have found myself a job, and so am emmigrating from Ireland.

I have a dog, and am wondering what the best thing to do would be. Do fly over myself and arrange for a 'carrier' to bring my dog over? Or would it be worth my while buying a car (r hand drive) and driving the 2 of us over? But, if I do this, then I will have a useless car for my needs in Spain! Or, would it be better for me to fly over, buy a car, drive back, pick the dog up, and drive back to Spain???

Just unsure what to do.

Also, can you advise me on the best pet insurance options in Spain?

Any advice you can give me, would be much appreciated.

Thanks a million

I'm sure you'll get more relevant information if you post your questions on the SPAIN FORUM

Hello there

Thank you very much for your advice. I have done what you said. Laura

i have recently moved to oliva a few weeks ago with a cat and a dog. i drove them here from the uk in a right handed car. i am in the process of sorting out their insurance and there seems to be  lots of options.

caninesam wrote:

i have recently moved to oliva a few weeks ago with a cat and a dog. i drove them here from the uk in a right handed car. i am in the process of sorting out their insurance and there seems to be  lots of options.

Hi there

Thanks a million for your post. The fact that there's lots of options is great to hear.

I am moving over mid-December. Maybe, you could keep in touch, and keep me posted when you find info re your pets. Maybe you find a good insurance firm, or a good vet.

Thanks for now
Laura

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR