Health insurance while coming to Denmark under the GreenCard scheme

Hi Everyone,

In my GC approval letters, there is a point on Health Insurance, which states

"Residence permit is conditional: That you take out a health insurance covering the period up till you are entitled to benefits under the Danish Health Act, according to the rules of the Executive Order on Aliens section 31 (2)."

Does this mean I have to take a Health Insurance policy while coming to Denmark for the first time? Or does it mean I have to register under the Danish healthcare system?

Any guidance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Harshith

Hello

I have same  question as you have. Have you found any information ? If you already get in Denmark did they check whether you have insurance or not ?

By the way we are from the same university :)

Regards

Hi,

So i took an insurance policy just in case. It is also helpful if u fall sick/lose baggage/lose documents while coming.

No one checked at the immigration, but good to have it with u.

Regards,
Harshith

Hi i am vinoth from chennai India. i applied for danish green card visa in the month of july 2014. i got a letter fro danish agency stating that they had assessed my education qualification. can you tell me how long does it take to get decision after this stage, or will i receive any letter for conformation of employment check aswell and then they make the decision.
Your response is appreciated
Thanks
vinoth

Hi Vinothxeta. I applied on 30 June 2014. Once they asked me to submit original educational documents with color copy to the embassy for stamping. That's all about my application. Your know that your educational assessment has already completed. In my case, I know nothing. Good Luck.

Hello Vinoth,

Based on my limited research and knowledge, I hope once when your educational document assessment is done, you will receive the outcome within a month or so.

Employment check is not mandatory for all applications (Again based on my limited knowledge). What's your VFS tracking status?

Exactly on which date, you applied in July at chennai? Because most of the applications are processed quickly (2 months & at the max 3 months) compared to that of last year applications. Also if you got your most
recent degree from Europe then it will help the process to be done quickly.

Hi Likhon,

Each application is unique and differs from other applicant's applications. What's your VFS tracking status?

I hope you will also get good news soon.

Best of luck, both of you.

As santy said, there is no means of finding out how long it will take. Yes, a masters degree from European university will help speed things.
The only way to find out about the duration of application processing is via VFS (call or online tracking).

Best wishes,
Harshith

Hi all,

Am about applying for the Green card...do I need to include the health insurance with my application ? Or just before I travel to Denmark if I get the green card

No need for application GC.
Just before traveling.

Thanks Harshith,

I might be sending in my application in the UK next week.
Is there any other information important information you think I need to know ? Aside what is available on the website..

Thanks

Umm, specifically can't think of anything.
Hope you have a cover letter with all the details of the points you are claiming for.
Best wishes,
Harshith