University fees in Oman

I was looking up the universities in Oman. I got as far as GUtech for BSc Geoscience. I am shocked at the price of the fees!

This year at NMMU (where I currently study in Port Elizabeth, South Africa) has cost me just under R33 000.
For a year at GUtech it is (when calculated in Rands), roughly R160 000.

Are South African universities just altogether cheaper, or are Omani universities altogether expensive?

Would transferring warrant paying five fold more?

Regards,
Bewildered.

Hi Bewildered,

Yes, the cost of education in Oman is expensive. And the quality of education is far below par.

Expatriates can only study in the many private colleges and universities. The better quality Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) is exclusively for Omanis. I am told that the quality of education offered at the SQU is the best in the country.

Oman is a good place to earn a living. But certainly not a place where one should consider coming for education.

Hi Sumitran,

I was surfing internet to find details about education in Oman & landed on this page. It has great insights about the state of education in Oman nowadays, how it had been evolving, & what it will be in the near future.

Hi ruchitaparab,

While the site I'm sure is filled with information on education in Oman, the author of the blog has sullied his personal reputation way beyond measure ...

Hi Sumitran,

great to hear for you. well i am not very sure about the author's reputation and what all he has done. As far as I have heard and read about him, he is a great man and has done a lot for Oman, thats the reason I trust in his institutions. I personally believe, with greatness comes challenges which he is facing now, hope he is out of it soon. Rest its belief and the perception which matters is what i feel

cheers!

Hi ruchitaparab,

No comments.

hahaha...y do you say so?

True education level  in oman is still prematured