Hi need to know the cost of living @ 2000OMR per month

Dear Sir /Madam,

I am getting an offer of OMR 2000 per month with Medical insurance for my family (Mine, Wife & daughter) / Conveyance (Petrol allowance) / Home furnishing (i.e. all household purchase amount).

But i am not getting House allowance / Car & Child education.

My child is three & half year old...and hence in Nursery.

Kindly let me know whether the above package is good enough for standard living. Also what would be the saving i can do after having all the expenses.

regards,
Shorabk

Omg.dats really a lot of money. Dont even think otherwise. U can find a good apartment at 300 rial or 400 .pliz dont let e opportunity pass u by.in future u can try to top on dat. Over 5000us dollars.  I mean with medical n petrol cover, u are sorted. Food is cheaper here.I would travel to e moon if I landed such a job.

That's an excellent package if you live alone in Oman and you don't like to hangout.

Good luck

Abdul

Hi, Pls Let us know what's your role and experience?

Shorabk wrote:

Dear Sir /Madam,

I am getting an offer of OMR 2000 per month with Medical insurance for my family (Mine, Wife & daughter) / Conveyance (Petrol allowance) / Home furnishing (i.e. all household purchase amount).

But i am not getting House allowance / Car & Child education.

My child is three & half year old...and hence in Nursery.

Kindly let me know whether the above package is good enough for standard living. Also what would be the saving i can do after having all the expenses.

regards,
Shorabk

OMR 2000, considering the mentioned allowances is a decent package indeed. You can browse the various discussions on this forum for the cost of living in Oman. To my opinion, you can save approximately 40% of your package, considering a normal lifestyle.