Denmark CPR

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well..
I got a call from the embassy saying that my Greencard for Denmark is approved. Now I am stuck with the below mentioned questions to execute the moving process.. Please do answer me if you can.

1. How do I get a CPR number? (the websites say i need a residence there, while to get a residence i will need a CPR). they also say that CPR must be applied within 5 days of arriving in Denmark.

2. Do I need to buy medical insurance from here or I need to buy insurance from Denmark until i find a job?

3. After I make a danish bank account, how do I transfer funds? Or is there some bank that will help me transfer funds from here? Will they put a tax on the funds i transfer from India? has anyone tried Citibank to transfer funds?

4. Are there any other processes or documentations that I need to do before coming to Denmark?

5. Where do I go after landing in CPH? do i book a hotel and then go to CPR office and then to find a place to live?

6. what area in CPH should I look for a place to live?

It will be very kind of you If you can help me with these questions..

thanks in advance

regards,
Vishal

Hi vishal,

Congratulations mate! When did you get the call actually? I have the following answers for your questions.

1. You need to be present in denmark to get a CPR. You need a letter or an agreement from the landlord in denmark. Visiting a particular municipality in denmark will ease your process.

2. You don't need to buy a medical insurance as you are entitled to a free medical insurance in denmark(if I'm not wrong).

3. You can easily transfer funds from India once you open a bank account in denmark. You will have to pay the bank charges, and mostly these bank charges will be collected in India. You have the option of taking travellers' cheques too.

4. I don't think you have any other documentation or paper(you need to confirm this officially though and also check for some medical clearance if necessary). As far as I know, the only thing you need to do is to buy an air ticket.

5. It's upto you where to stay after landing in Copenhagen. Look for some friends if you have any.

6. I don't have any idea of Copenhagen and I recommend you to check this with someone or even you can post here seeking accommodation.

Goodluck,
Krish