Transferable Iqama

Hi

What exactly is a transferable iqama? If someone is in Saudi as a dependent of his/her spouse, does he/she have a transferable iqama? Does this mean that he/she can transfer the iqama to an employer and work legally after that?

Are all iqamas transferable? Or only some? How do you know if yours is transferable or not?

I would appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Yes I too would like to know about this???

Short answer is no. Not all are transferable. I am currently in Riyadh on a spouse visa and have accepted a job with PNU just before I came. I was told by hubby's employers that unless I work for them (Edex) I would have to process a final exit visa and begin process of work visa from home (UK). Frustrating but it has to be done, attestation, medical etc etc all yet to be processed.

Goodluck with your Iqamas

Above answer is 100% correct, spouse visa only allows you to be a wife/mother, this is one of the big issues affecting foreign schools as they lost the use of spouses as teachers. To transfer you will have to leave the country on an exit only, get a working visa and come back, repeat the process again when you want to become a spouse again... PITA.