Need Help with Getting Married in Romania

Hi All
My name is Sanjay and i am from India, me and my Romanian Girlfriend wants to marry in Bucharest.
Can you please help me out.
I don't have birth certificate ( If i want to make one it will take me one year to make it )
and can i get married without birth certificate in Romania.
If yes which document should i need and which city hall i go if you know any in the country,  if they let us married without birth certificate.

Thank you, looking forward for response

sandymall wrote:

Hi All
My name is Sanjay and i am from India, me and my Romanian Girlfriend wants to marry in Bucharest.
Can you please help me out.
I don't have birth certificate ( If i want to make one it will take me one year to make it )
and can i get married without birth certificate in Romania.
If yes which document should i need and which city hall i go if you know any in the country,  if they let us married without birth certificate.

Thank you, looking forward for response

Perhaps contact your Indian Embassy for advice.
Also check with city hall as to whether they would accept your passport as proof of age and identity.

Hello Sanjay

You can also read this thread for gathering some infos : Getting Married in Romania

But as Stumpy suggested, you Definitely should check with your embassy to have proper instructions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I find it hard to believe that it should take 1 year to get a Birth Cert, but if you say so.....Anyway, there is NO way you're getting married without one in Romania.  You need a birth certificate, translated to Romanian, with apostile.  Looks like you're getting married in a year.

Thank you for all the helpful suggestion.
In india its hard to get the Birth certificate and its gona take me ages to make it available, it too frustrating that i cannot get married without birth certificate, any helpful suggestion will be gold mine for me.
I contact the embassy lets see what they say.