Cell phone use from Thailand to Vietnam

Hi :)   I'm moving from Thailand to Vietnam next April and was wondering If anyone could tell me if the Samsung phone I bought while in Thailand will be okay to use in Vietnam. I know I have to get a new SIM card but wasn't sure about the phone.

Thanks in advance,
Toni

Hi :) 1 dollar for unlock it

It depends; is it unlocked already?  If you can use any SIM - from any network - in Thailand, then it'll be fine.  The worst case scenario is that you have to pay a small fee to unlock it.

Just try a Vietnamese SIM and see what happens!

When you land in TSN airport buy a SIM (VIEttEL, mobifone or Vianaphone) from inside airport and check  :)

Ask your PRESENT network provider who their ROAMING PARTNER is in VN. At least you have a place to start.

VNPT has a plan where, if you make a call once a month, your SIM will never time out (except for no money) and you don't have to deposit money every month.

One of my numbers is 6-years old and opened with a $10 credit (in addition to 'freebie' amount) and has never needed refilling.

We have 2G, 3G and 4G here in VN. There is something called '5G' in the Ha Noi area (our political centre).