32 yrs old, what is the ideal wages?

Hi
I am new here. I like this forum topics. Therefore I highly appreciate your transparent advice.
I am here in kl working in oil and gas sector for more than 2 years and I have been told that a 25k myr is a good salary in Malaysia.  I have around 10 yrs experience and I am 32 yrs old. Can you advice where should I stand in term of ideal salary.

Thanks very much

10k is taking the piss! My gf is in oil and gas and she told me oil and gas engineers should get USA plus 20% so that is approx 32k (plus free school place at iskl)

Expat  teachers earn 15k to 30k in kl! Lowest paid expats except for indian IT workers who seem to get ripped off these days but global oversupply of IT workers.

[

[

Thanks nemodot. I fully agree with that although people said to me wow. Now after paying my accommodation I have around 16 K myr nett which I am not too much happy with but I am doing my best to enjoy it. I hope your gf job based on thw town not in the rig site otherwise her wages look so low for me for field people ?

Cheers

No in KL on rig gets a lot more.

Stats can be misleading as for every expat oil and gas companies have tohire 4 locals (pref Malay). They spend there days sleeping in the office or photocopying. Of course these get paid peanuts unless they are son of someone important (you have to hire these regardless of how stupid they are and lots of very stupid Tunkus around so everyone can have their share of these).

Heard one major oil company relocated to vietnam to avoid all this nonsense but Petronas won't do.business with companies based outside of kl.