Australians living Bahrain, need your help!

Hi, I'm a Aussie mum looking at moving to Bahrain to be closer to my husband who works in Saudi. I would be moving with my two daughters 7 years old and a two year old. It would be fantastic to get as much information as possible on living, schools, social...etc before I come over for a four day visit in September.
Thanks in advanced  :)

Dear Jesshar,

Welcome to expat-blog! very happy to know about you moving to this beautiful country

our forum experts have jotted down points under this link
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960

i hope you will get all the needed information.

good luck!
T&R
Arjun

Hi! Sorry I can't really help with info yet as I am an Australian who just moved to Bahrain aswell. I have two boys, aged 2 and 4. Once you're here and settled, feel free to message me as I may have more info by then :) Also, my husband works in Saudi aswell (we lived there for 6 years before moving here). Good luck with your visit!

Hi
Thank you south for making contact! Were are you living in Bahrain now? I'm looking at reef island as a place to live as it's close to shops etc.  :)

jesshar wrote:

Hi
Thank you south for making contact! Were are you living in Bahrain now? I'm looking at reef island as a place to live as it's close to shops etc.  :)

Welcome to the forum.

Have you decided yet where you want your daughter to go to school?  That may dictate where you want to live and your husband will want to be fairly near the causeway.  Believe me, as my husband has now been travelling back and forth for over 3 years, the last thing he wants when he has been stuck on there for sometimes hours, is a longish drive this end.

Reef Island is pretty but not well populated and can be a bit isolated if you have kids as it is not near any schools really.  You will find yourself travelling all the time back and forward from school, nursery, playgroups, after school activities and playdates.  Yes, it's nice to be near shops but unless you want to go to the Mall everyday you can easily travel there from other more family populated areas and not in rush hour.

Let us know what information you would like and am sure we can all pitch in and help :)

We chose to live in Saar as it is right where my eldest son will attend school. We figure that if we don't like it after 12 months we can always move elsewhere. So far so good though! I've had mixed reviews from people regarding the area but we decided to chance it and so far I'm glad we did. It's still close to the large malls, but it also is pretty self-sufficient with its own local shops and a mall aswell. There's also a couple of expat clubs that offer activities for children and families if you're interested in that. They're close by. I hope this bit of info is helpful.

Hi!
Thank you both again for your feed back! We are looking at nadeen international school which is located just near the British club. Would prefer to be around a close community as my husband will only come back from Saudi on weekends.
Thanks again  :)

I suggest to you to stay at juffair, it is close to British club & Nadeen school. Also it has many facilities around like shops saloon malls. You may  enjoy travelling around this place
Good luck