How to check for Saher traffic camera violations

OK, i'm now joining the club too.

Got an SMS reporting a violation of speed limit (doing 52 in a 50 zone !!!) at 16:00hrs in Khobar aziziyah, while i was on the Dammam-Riyadh highway going to Riyadh at that time !!

and the fine is bloody 300SAR !!! c'mon give me a break !!!

guess i'll just have to pay up. Anybody had any success with contesting a violation and winning against the system ?

How do you request for proof of violation (photographic evidence), do they even entertain such requests ?

cheers
Vicks

Vicks wrote:

OK, i'm now joining the club too.

Got an SMS reporting a violation of speed limit (doing 52 in a 50 zone !!!) at 16:00hrs in Khobar aziziyah, while i was on the Dammam-Riyadh highway going to Riyadh at that time !!

and the fine is bloody 300SAR !!! c'mon give me a break !!!

guess i'll just have to pay up. Anybody had any success with contesting a violation and winning against the system ?

How do you request for proof of violation (photographic evidence), do they even entertain such requests ?

cheers
Vicks

Wonder if they even calibrate the cameras and have a certificate to prove it.

hey guys, i got a false traffic ticket for speeding more then 52 km/he, i checked online and it show the time and date , i was home at that time and day.
please suggest me what should i do??
its 2nd time in this month. last time i was in madinah when i got a ticket for speeding in riyadh??
your quick help will be highly appreciated.

They say that the online information is sometimes wrong

samthepassion wrote:

hey guys, i got a false traffic ticket for speeding more then 52 km/he, i checked online and it show the time and date , i was home at that time and day.
please suggest me what should i do??
its 2nd time in this month. last time i was in madinah when i got a ticket for speeding in riyadh??
your quick help will be highly appreciated.

Wow !! This is exactly the same that happened to me. 52kmph at a location i was not present at that time of the day !!!

I'm still trying to find how anf if i can appeal this fine. I have only 10 more days before the fine doubles and i might become part of the system and just pay the fine, be done with it to prevent the doubling of my fine. :(

It has happened to me also the fine shows 52 km/hr, but this is an error with their online system.

slyshooter wrote:

It has happened to me also the fine shows 52 km/hr, but this is an error with their online system.

Are you going to pay the fine OR take it up with the authorities (if yes, can you let me know how and where to do it?) to contest the fine ?

This actually happened back in April 2010, they told me I was actually over 70 but due to system error it shows 52, and all these delays caused me to pay 500

Vicks wrote:
slyshooter wrote:

Are you going to pay the fine OR take it up with the authorities (if yes, can you let me know how and where to do it?) to contest the fine ?

Kindly visit https://eservices.moi.gov.sa/ES/LogInPages/LoginEn.aspx

Enter your iqama number under the unregistered users category.

It will give you all the details related to your iqama as well as your traffic violation details along with the map of the location.

Kindly note that the time in sms you receive on the mobile fone about your violation is the time when your ticket is processed in their system and is not actual time of violation.

Take a print out of the details and go to your near traffic police station. I prefer Malaz. Strong Arabic communication skills are required. Or the people outside the station will charge you around 25 SAR and will help you with the process. 

Good luck.

got text on mobile regarding violation but no violation on iqama, violation text received on 7july...why still my iqama is violation free? and how I can check on whole day of 7th july where i did violation?

cooooooooooool

slyshooter wrote:

This actually happened back in April 2010, they told me I was actually over 70 but due to system error it shows 52, and all these delays caused me to pay 500

Let me clarify this odd 52 km/h.

Say there is a speed limit on some road of 70km/h. You are at 80, if you get a flash, you'll be fined 300 SAR.

52 km/h is a buffer they have set up. On the same road if you are driving at more than 70+52=112 km/h, you'll be penalized 500/= SAR.

A few months back, I was 'flying' on Dammam highway at 175+Km/h and got a flash from a Saher vehicle parked at an unpredictable spot. I got a ticket for 500 SAR.

My friend following me slowed down immediately and and got 300 SAR fine (saving 200 SAR because of the same buffer thing).

Salman Omrani wrote:

PS:

you can always report false violations to the traffic police HQ (head quarters is located in "Naserria" area).
present your argument in a good way and you can have the violation cancelled.
Adios
Salman

Great! Do they have someone out there to deal with in English? :/
I already got two violations since implementation...
> Overspeeding (that 52Kp/h thing) SAR 500
> Beating the RED light SAR 500 (I was pretty sure that it was the Green that i beat, though >_<

To confirm my understanding of the fine system

For speeding: The fine is SAR500, HOWEVER if you pay within 30 days it is reduced to SAR300.

For Red Light: Same thing.

Happy Driving!

hamlay wrote:

To confirm my understanding of the fine system

For speeding: The fine is SAR500, HOWEVER if you pay within 30 days it is reduced to SAR300.

For Red Light: Same thing.

Happy Driving!

NOT SO!!! :/
Assuming I got a ticket for speeding - in one week, i will check via net (i did not subscribe via sms or i do not know if i have to!), and found 500SAR...once i make the transaction right away, and pay it ::: it will become 300SAR? nope...it is the same bill.
As for Beating the red light - i paid within one month of the violation and it was not reduced.

For speeding - it is, as TLL explained...there are 'ceiling' or 'buffer' with regards to the rate of violation.
Example:
if you over speed above 30kph from the limit, it's 500 SAR,
and if you over speed from the limit below 30kph, it is 300 SAR...
I just couldn't find that list of violations i had before... :rolleyes:

:lol: There are no discounts offerings on paying early.

For doubling of fines if you don't pay within a month, (although they say it's not) I've a feeling that the system is in place. Who wants to give it a shot? :)

I have a PDF file with a list of violations (though pretty old list). But things really change over-night and the same I expect about this list.

Anyways, grab the PDF here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23723725/ViolationTable.PDF

I think you'll find I'm right. You might not want to believe me but I'm right. :whistle:
...nobody should be paying SAR500 within the first month from the date of the violation.

Anyway I have a great solution to the problem.....don't speed or run read lights!
..seriously drive safely.

This confusion about 52 km/hr has to do with the translation.
It is actually 25 km/hr.
If you are over the speed limit by less than 25 km/hr you get SR 300 fine and 4 penalty points.
If you are over the speed limit by more than 25 km/hr you get SR 500 fine and 6 penalty points.

For more details on the pointing system, you check qsaudi.com/traffic-violation-points-system-in-saudi-arabia/#more-124

By the way saher gives ticket for low speed also
My colleague got ticket for driving 9 km/h on 80km/h road!

Really Creative85? Sounds interesting.

Creative85 wrote:

By the way saher gives ticket for low speed also
My colleague got ticket for driving 9 km/h on 80km/h road!

Intresting fact. But it seems 9KMPH is too slow, its better to walk on the footpath.:P

BTW some western countries (Some states in US) have also defined minimum speed limit. Probably KSA is also going this way !!:)

how coming the violation camara fine direct to my mobile number

[Moderated: off topic]

Another free way to check if you have a fine or not, if you have an STC mobile number, to dial 989 and press 2 for english and 1 to check traffic violation and then enter your iqama id and press 1# . A recording will play informing if there is any fine or not. And of how much.

Regarding the buffer thing its correct 100%

There is something called 52kmph OVER the speed limit.

So if there is a speed limit of say 50 . A 500 SR fine will occur if you are above 50+52 = 102kmph. If above 50 and below 102kmph it shall be a 300 SR fine.

If speed limit is 70 then the 500 SR fine will occur if your are above 70+52 = 122 kmph . If above 70 and below 122kmph it shall be a 300 SR fine.

Is it true that the fines for the traffic violations have been increased ?? :rolleyes:

SaQiB wrote:

Another free way to check if you have a fine or not, if you have an STC mobile number, to dial 989 and press 2 for english and 1 to check traffic violation and then enter your iqama id and press 1# . A recording will play informing if there is any fine or not. And of how much.

Regarding the buffer thing its correct 100%

There is something called 52kmph OVER the speed limit.

So if there is a speed limit of say 50 . A 500 SR fine will occur if you are above 50+52 = 102kmph. If above 50 and below 102kmph it shall be a 300 SR fine.

If speed limit is 70 then the 500 SR fine will occur if your are above 70+52 = 122 kmph . If above 70 and below 122kmph it shall be a 300 SR fine.

please tell me if i have traffic violation? with iqama number 2333412233

You have:

Unpaid Violations Count: 1

Total Unpaid Amount: 450 SAR

redel de guzman wrote:

please tell me if i have traffic violation? with iqama number 2333412233

Hard Luck, yes you have one !! :(

pls ill veryfie of my violation 2233764238 my iqama number[large][small]

[/small][/large]

richard bambo wrote:

pls ill veryfie of my violation 2233764238 my iqama number[large][small]

[/small][/large]

Still Safe, No Violations against you !! :)

Anyone can check it here online,
https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/!ut/p … DNks4MDUx/

Dear Sir, it appears that i have one traffic violations which i don't know where i've committed. may i appeal for an objection claim because i cannot afford to pay that amount coz my salary is very low 1,800 real only. my car was only given to me by my brother in law, now he is the philippines now for good. the amount of my violation is 500 SR.My car now is no longer running.
Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

pls. verify my violation. my iqama no. is 2137125155

*56*2286181470#

i want to know about my traffic violation

pls.verify my violation iqama# 2290383716

Help yourself guys. Here is the link:

saimans wrote:

Anyone can check it here online,
https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/!ut/p … DNks4MDUx/

i would check  if i have   violation

sir
   I want know if any traffic violations my accama no is 2184692610