How to check for Saher traffic camera violations

Ladies, you don't have to worry about this one,  but fellas, if you drive frequently, you might find this helpful.

To see if you have any violations from the Saher traffic camera system attached to your license, do the following:

Send an SMS text with the following info:

*56*(iqama #)

For Mobily send it to the portal number 625555
For STC send it to the portal number  88993

For example, if you are a mobily customer, enter 625555 as the recipient number for the SMS, and put *56*123456789 in the body of the message. This would work if your Iqama # is 123456789.

With all this recent talk about the Saher system, i thought this would help. You can also visit their website at www.saher.gov.sa for additional info.

WT - Thanks for that info.  I will pass it along!  :D

thats going to be great help to many people..

and here's another word of advice ... to the people :D

if you think you drive safe and are sure you dont need to check saher for violations, guess again.
Saher has many bugs, and there is this particular bug that loves to attach violations to unsuspecting owners.
so if you have cars registerd to your name, trust me. its worth checking out.

I personaly know people who got ripped off with huge amounts becuase they never checked.

once you get a violation, you have to pay off within 30 days. if you didnt it will go to max penalty amount. so imagine if you had a few of them piled for a while ;)

Salman

PS:

you can always report false violations to the traffic police HQ (head quarters is located in "Naserria" area).
present your argument in a good way and you can have the violation cancelled.

Adios

Salman

Thanks for the info ;)

hehe! My God, everyone is suffering from this Sahir thing!

Thanks for the information!

Ramon,

Read that they'll be implementing new cameras in the coming months that'll cover all 360 degrees of the traffic lights (and intersection)

It'll ticket you for:
Going through red lights.
Parking on or past the zebra crossing.
Not wearing a seat belt.
Talking on the phone.
Having your headlights off at night.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! Driving is gonna be so much nicer!

hehe! Not for our young guys here! ME<<< I quit this madness two years ago, so, I should be fine.:D The other brothers wouldn't be, though! lol

Super information there, WT...thanks.

STC Jawwal numbers have ben changed as follows:-

TRAFFIC 88995
PASSPORT 88994

Website for Ishaar is: http://odp.ishaar.com.sa

I have car rented from one rent-a-car company. Whats the situation with that?

I find it easier to phone 01292 8888

and follow instructions, it will also work out a bit cheaper than the SMS way.

So has the driving improved?

I have heard stories about people painting these cameras red and some have been damaged, the ones at traffic lights do make traffic stop at a red light straightaway - and when you stop at a red light be careful that your car is not over the line.

Improved driving? Not sure about that, most local Riyadh drivers are very good at missing each other, I did hear a statistic that most accidents do not involve or are caused by the local drivers but visitors to Riyadh so be careful.

Did anyone get a violation without actually breaking any rules?!! (like speed or lights?)

I want to buy a car, how can I check that the car is free of traffic violations or debts? By plate number? and where? Thanks.

Max

Where has Saher been installed in Riyadh, is it everywhere or only a few places?

Saher is expanding, including mobile units.

A few colleagues have been caught on Makkah/Khurias Road & King Abdullah by mobile units.

Have to admit though, that the traffic is better (Saher is working) but there is a long way to go before its gets to stage where the roads are "safe".

Its going to take a big mental and cultural change in attitude!

Ive seen it on Olaya Street, Makkah-Khurais Road, Malik Fahad, Arba'een Street in Malaz, Othman bin Affan Street in Izdihar, Aruba Road

Alisan wrote:

Did anyone get a violation without actually breaking any rules?!! (like speed or lights?)

I got a ticket in April for over speeding , the funny thing is that they mentioned i was driving at 52 km/hr (probably the limit was 40), whereas i normally drive at 152 .

Anyhow the point is that the ticket was issued for SAR 300 but since i delayed 2 months in paying, it increased to SAR 500 so becareful and try to pay it on time.

Isnt that what the Wall Street folks call, INTEREST or maybe even USURY?

No, its more like an extra fine for your fine as you didn't make your fine in time.

Oh that's a brilliant info...

I am so relived since there is no Ticket on slow driving or my hubby would b receiving at least dozen tickets in a day :lol::lol::lol:

nonz wrote:

I am so relived since there is no Ticket on slow driving or my hubby would b receiving at least dozen tickets in a day :lol::lol::lol:

your pretty damn lucky no one has kissed him from the behind...

SON OF A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just paid my damn 300SAR ticket for going no faster than 5KM/h over. I'm DEAD serious.

That's complete bullshit.

consider it like income tax...

musicman wrote:
nonz wrote:

your pretty damn lucky no one has kissed him from the behind...

OOoooooo It did happened and its a very normal view when we see drivers around(specially Saudis)passing by and calling him names:lol::lol::lol:

May I add one from the old Mr Magoo cartoons (if any of you know who that was?), "Road Hoggggggg!"

musicman wrote:

May I add one from the old Mr Magoo cartoons (if any of you know who that was?), "Road Hoggggggg!"

Plz do that...i have no clue about this :)

Mr Magoo was entertaining us long before you were born, Nonzie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTHXTEvIc

Awwwww Mister Magoo is shooo cute :par:

Al-Max wrote:

I want to buy a car, how can I check that the car is free of traffic violations or debts? By plate number? and where? Thanks.

Max

i guess u dont have to worry about it..coz if car got a violation..it will register under the name of the person written in the istimara.. i think traffic violation is not transferable..lol:D:D:D:D

try also visting e-services of moi.gov.sa

u can check traffic violations also, ur eligibility for hajj.. :):):)

i would like to check if i have a violation in saher camera

i would like to check if i have a violatons in saher camera

WTENGEL

do you know how to contest your tickets?

cheers
nadia

onemore advice,
put mirror above the car number plate, it will reflect a big white spot on the photo and hide the car plat.:P

to chec on saher violations
SMS 56*iqamanos    to 888995 for STC users

On ryd highway to dammam there are 2 cameras
10-20km after first check point
and
40-50km after check point.

drive safe and avoid getting flashed :-)

rental car comp. have a software which on hiring a car transfers the ownership for the duration of hire to you.
you will recv. an sms from TAMM PORTAL upon hire and return.
so if you get SAHERed then the violaton is to your iqama not the rental co.

RiyadhRugby wrote:

WTENGEL

do you know how to contest your tickets?

cheers
nadia

Tickets can only be contested at the head traffic office in Alnasriya, off Al-Takhassussi Rd right after King Faisal Hospial.