Doctors -ehic question

if i haven't recieved my residency yet can i still use my ehic card to access free medical treatment ,
I'm only asking as i appear to have a rash on both arms , im fairly sure its prickly heat but its spread to my wrist and i just want to make sure i haven't picked up anything off the couch in the appartment.

I am not working at moment , my husband is but he hasnt paid any social securtiy contributions yet as its only his first month in job ..

i

you should be able to, just dont mention you are living here

Go to a pharmacy where there is a doctor. They will help. I've done that for an ear problem and found that they gave good.advice for no charge.

im fine i went to the health centre in paola , no questions were asked apart from the dr, i have heat rash , hes recoomended some soap and some tablets, and they are going to cost me 15 euro ...

Great. That's put your mind at rest.

So were you able to register with the doctor without any problem? No ID card etc? I was wandering how to register with a doctor. I am Italian but my 2 children have English passports and would like to get one of them checked. We have no ID cards yet though. Can anyone suggest what I needmto do? Thanks

i walked into healthcare centre asked to see dr , they wanted my ehic catd info about address etc and that was that

Sorry but what is an ehic card?

european health insurance card , in italy its the rear of your http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_he … rance_card

just about this - you wish to have child checked
from my modest exp (and I do hope it stays that way) - for good check go to private doctor
yesterday I was for the 3rd time in 10 months at doctor with baby, and for the 3rd time left dissapointed

I tell him he has fever and we are giving him paracetamol to lower it
he says ok, check's his ears, can't open baby's mouth so says no need to check... and - next :D
no meds, didn't listen his lungs... nothing

also, I don't get it why did I have to raise my voice to get him to approve my request to get blood test? he just keep repeating that on malta it is not done for nothing?!
the kid is sick, it is not for nothing

and I had a second request - as baby is 18 m/o to check his height and weight - guess what - he doesn't do that either

conclusion - next time I'll pay private check up and have it all done profesionaly

LOL, my wife just text me, she is back from clinic - they told her to go to mater dei or private, couse they don't know to take blood from a baby?!
I mean - WTF????
and they asked her again - why do we even want to take blood from such a small boy? !

So , for dental care I need to take kids to hospital and wait 12 month for check up, for health care if I wish good care I need to go to hospital, to take blood go to hospital....

the system sucks, I'm not getting 20% of service for the amount of money that goes to NI in my name

P.S. all this is from gzira clinic, for which I was told is very good (as a good point I can only say - the guy who does vaccinations is extremely nice and good)

Hi Duxx,

Going to the hospital without a referral from a gp won't get you blood tests unless you go to accident and emergency and even then, it's not an emergency.

It is not standard procedure to do blood tests without cause...What are you expecting to find in the blood tests? Even if he has an infection, they wouldn't do blood tests. The doctors here may seem flippant but they are highly qualified and experienced.

Does the Gizra poly clinic have a well baby clinic as that is where you can get him weighed and into the system, not the gp.

what am I expecting? we'll I'm not a doctor, but we can see that for exp. if he has high with blood cells could be an indication of illness
my older when was 2 moths old he had fever for few days, doctor ordered blood test and urin test and found he has a bit serious illness and was hospitalised

i don't get it why it is such a problem to do a blood test??? i'm not requesting it for fun ;)

"The doctors here may seem flippant but they are highly qualified and experienced. "
I didn't say all are bad, I visited a private doctor he was very good, also mentioned doctor who does vaccinations in clinic is extremely nice and good

but if you think that doctor who checked only baby's ears and say all is ok, just keep giving him paracetamol for fever - has done his job we'll then we have very different opinion about good medical examination

"Does the Gizra poly clinic have a well baby clinic as that is where you can get him weighed and into the system, not the gp."
i have no idea does clinic has this, i'll go and check, but how could I know even this information? GP could have mentioned that

and what's the deal with no gov dentist anywhere besides hospital?
do children have, in their school, visit by dentist or group visit to a dentist? it strikes me strange that there is so little care for children's teeth

and a question for anyone who knows:
in home country when you enroll kids in 1. grade child does a physical examination - vision, hearing, checking a spine,... - since we didn't do that here, where can I take my son to get that kind of physical examination? Is it even possible?

Hi,

They always had dentists in every poly clinic up until the new hospital opened, then some bright spark, felt that the hospital should utilise it's space and as it cost so much to build, it should move everything there...It has to be the most awful mistake possible. It's not just the children, it's the elderly too. They've moved dentists from the villiages and don't provide transport for them to get to the hospital.

They have a mobile dental clinic but that doesn't (yet) visit schools. Other health checks are done at school, eyes and ears. The spine is check at around the age of 10-11.

It is a big problem, on the one hand, it's great that everyone, all ages, can have a check up at the hospital but as a result of moving it there, there is a long waiting list.

As for the blood tests, I guess that putting a child through the pain, when they are more than likely going to be better before the results even get back?

ok, we clearly don't agree about blood test so let's live it out of future posts ;)

this mobile dental clinics - they are coming to every town? is there somewhere a schedule of visits? do you have any more info about that?

No, don't get your hopes up, I heard a mention of it last year and never heard again, I don't really know what is happening or when. A private dentist wouldn't charge anymore than 10 euros each for the children and that would keep you going until you are in the system at the hospital?