What do furnished apartments provide?

Husband and I moving to Manila for 3-4 years. Will be renting furnished apartment. Need to know some details about what is furnished and what I need to pack. I expect basic living room, bedroom furniture, but which appliances are commonly furnished? I don't want to buy 220v appliances. I will bring own sheets and towels, but what about pots, pans, kitchen equipment, China, glasses, vacuum or brooms and buckets etc...
Considering bringing own vehicle which means I need off-street parking, but if I can lease a good vehicle or purchase good second hand cheaply I prefer that. Possibly even need a driver.
Office will be in Makati but considering BGC rental. What's currently rental cost for 2BR, 2ba, plus apartment with parking? Utilities?
Finally, where can my spouse play tennis or golf, without paying a fortune?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Monamom2 wrote:

Husband and I moving to Manila for 3-4 years. Will be renting furnished apartment. Need to know some details about what is furnished and what I need to pack. I expect basic living room, bedroom furniture, but which appliances are commonly furnished? I don't want to buy 220v appliances. I will bring own sheets and towels, but what about pots, pans, kitchen equipment, China, glasses, vacuum or brooms and buckets etc...
Considering bringing own vehicle which means I need off-street parking, but if I can lease a good vehicle or purchase good second hand cheaply I prefer that. Possibly even need a driver.
Office will be in Makati but considering BGC rental. What's currently rental cost for 2BR, 2ba, plus apartment with parking? Utilities?
Finally, where can my spouse play tennis or golf, without paying a fortune?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you read through posts on this subject here in this forum. You will find valuable information.

Hi monamom2,

im an expat from england, ive been there in philippines last year,
its a good place to live, most of all in the bgc, makati and ortigas.  i rented a fully furnish condo unit with 2 bdroom for only 56 thousand php monthly.
(aircon, hot/cold shower, bathroom accessories - mirror, shower curtain,  towel rack; drying rack, range hood, closet, cupboard, with provisioned phone line and cable TV, Light fixtures, blinds)
Fees excluding Dues, Water and Electricity.

Most furnished aprts come with everything (including appliances) except linens. Some may come with pots, plates, etc. Depends on how you negotiate.  2 BR in Makati in a good area starts around p50k and up to p150 for a new spacious place in say Rockwell. 

Dont bring your car over unless you have tax priveleges, its cheaper to buy a second hand. Many from the embassies are in good shape. If your comfortable driving in crowds, no need to get a driver.

Tennis is difficult given the pollution in Manila. Golf is everywhere and a chance to get out.

I have been here over 3 years in BGC.  If your only here for 3 years and out, stick to Makati as traffic over EDSA is getting worse.  Hopefully, office is not below Ayala Blvd cause traffic again is worse down there with the big malls.  Terrible dyring weekend unless you plan to walk a lot.

Many thanks. All very useful advice. What about recreational cycling in Manila?
Husband is big on exercise, so tennis is important to him.
BTW I would prefer not to be privately contacted by realtors off this site. Not at that stage yet.

Fort Bonifacio Global City (BGC) have a good facilities like Gymnasium, Tennis Court Jogging track,.. It's a good place to live,..  I want to go back there this coming December.

What country are you from?  I would say recreational cycling in Metro Manila is out. Some will say that you can ride in BGC, but traffic is getting worse by the day.  There are a few places to mountain bike, but its a short closed loop. There is an indoor tennis court at One Roxas, but rent is p200k+.

Again, out door activities in Metro Manila are limited except for swimming in a condo pool or going to a gym. If your not used to the heat and pollution, it will do you more harm in the short time you are here.  Any activities that get you out of Metro Manila are good, such as golf, diving, etc. Many of the golf courses have family/sport facitilities so when on plays golf, the others can play tennis or swim.

BTW, I grew up in California, lived in Europe and Asia, with the last posting in Singapore. Living in Metro Manila is difficult for the out of doors type.  Well, I spent a year in Beijing and have to say that was worse.

[moderated: please post your ad in the housing section]

All basic needs including pots, plates, spoon and fork, bedsheets, pillows, hot water, washing machine, bed and tv. We acquire a new 1-BR Condo fully furnished unit suited for couple only. Its spacious and at an affordable rental rate of PHP 30k / month Only. Association dues of Php3,300 free use of swimming pool or amenities. Water and electricity Rates are depend on your usage. Location: at the back of Makati Med near in Cash And Carry in Buendia Makati. I could sent you the pics -an inventory of the unit should you be interested. My email is [email protected]. Then, we could have se an informal talk.

Yup! Stay in Makati as the traffic isn't getting any better. I'm currently renting in Eastwood, Libis for 25k a month (fully furnished, 1 bedroom studio). Not bad coz it's closer to work. It actually depends on the type of serviced apartment, furnished apartment or condos, but most only offfer basic kitchen equipments. You'd get a great place at around 30-40k  a monthin that area IMO. Best of luck.

Hi sir/ma'am! One of my unit is for lease.  A brand new 1-bedroom  with balcony  with a perfect  view. Fully  furnished with free use of all amenities  like 4 different  swimming  pools,  gazeebos, jogging trail ,  gymn, free wifi connection  in common areas & many to mention . The price is affordable  around  P25,000 monthly. Exclusion of monthly  amortization around P3,000 monthly. Electricity  & water bills  are consumable to be paid by the tenant. The unit  is SMDC light residence EDSA boni mrt station

Check Facebook: [email protected] for more pictures  or u may contact me thru 09224811606 & 09178904050