Visa Status

I am Zahid Hussain from Pakistan. I am offered a job in Bahrain. My visa is under process with LMRA. Yesterday, I checked the visa status, there mentioned " Expired Employment Visa". Please tell me what does it mean? whether my visa is rejected or still under process.

Thanking and waiting for an early response

Regards

Hello Zahid Hussain

Welcome to Expat.com.

Well 'Expired Employment Visa'' in plain English means that your employment visa is no more valid and that it has expired. Have you ever applied for a Visa employment  before?

Maybe it is still under process if its the first time you are applying.

Regards
Kenjee

Dear Zahid Hussain,

Very sorry to hear about the status, you mentioned in your post that 'you were offered employment, that means there is an employer who has offered it to you, the best thing would be to contact your potential employer about the same.

T&R
Arjun

Thanks Kenjee,

I worked in Saudi Arabia, but it is first time for Bahrain.

Regards

Thanks Simboy,

I will contact with the employer, but they told me before processing of visa that it will take minimum 2 weeks to receive any response from LMRA.

Regards

Zahid

Dear Zahid,

It is very true that it may take some time to process the visa through LMRA, so let's hope for the best and hope your visa issue will be resolved soon.

good luck

T&R
Arjun

If you have never worked in Bahrain before then the message you saw in the LMRA website is probably an error. Take a screenshot and send to your potential employers so they could do something about it before it gets messy.

I have been through this entire process recently.  And there is a thread where you can find my story :)

"Expired Employment Visa" on the LMRA system means that your visa has been rejected.  Usually it shows up after GNDPR rejection.  Sometimes, also in the first step i.e. LMRA if your employer has not filed the right documents or has other problems (rare as usually LMRA send it back for processing to the employer).

I have had this happen to me 6-7 times i.e. 7 rejections for work visa due to security check.  This despite the fact that I had a valid UAE residence work visa as well as a Saudi one and I had been in the middle east for quite a while.

Finally it was sorted but through Wasta.  The reason as I found out was nationality coupled with name (shia sounding) and the fact that I had three valid passports :)

Your situation, if the visa is being rejected from immigration, might have to do with the nationality / name thing as I notice the last name of Hussain.

Good luck

Dear ; Please Contact your potential employer they will look and take up this issue with LMRA. I hope they will fix this problem soon .
Gud Luck  :)

I too am awaiting my visa. How can we check the status. can you please send a link.
Cheers

LMRA Status check

Link above - if your employer submits documents that are incorrectly filled out he has 5 days to amend them and resubmit. If he doesn't then your application is cancelled.

Contact your potential employer and discuss with him. He is the ONLY person who can do anything

Hi there,

Have you got your VISA? How long it took for the process??? :)

If the application was cancelled, shall they able to submit new application and how long it would take for VISAS confirmation???

XTang wrote:

I have been through this entire process recently.  And there is a thread where you can find my story :)

"Expired Employment Visa" on the LMRA system means that your visa has been rejected.  Usually it shows up after GNDPR rejection.  Sometimes, also in the first step i.e. LMRA if your employer has not filed the right documents or has other problems (rare as usually LMRA send it back for processing to the employer).

I have had this happen to me 6-7 times i.e. 7 rejections for work visa due to security check.  This despite the fact that I had a valid UAE residence work visa as well as a Saudi one and I had been in the middle east for quite a while.

Finally it was sorted but through Wasta.  The reason as I found out was nationality coupled with name (shia sounding) and the fact that I had three valid passports :)

Your situation, if the visa is being rejected from immigration, might have to do with the nationality / name thing as I notice the last name of Hussain.

Good luck

I agree with ZTang , names containing "Ali" "Hussain" would'nt be too lucky to get bahrain visa approved. wish you best of luck though and follow up with your employer , he is the authentic source of info from immigration.

krishnagdit wrote:

If the application was cancelled, shall they able to submit new application and how long it would take for VISAS confirmation???

Same time as for new application.

For the past few days, my visa status is showing as" EMPLOYMENT VISA EXPIRED". I have already contacted the company. They informed that they will revert back and till now for last 4 days, no reply from them. Actually how long it will take for VISA process???

Now it shows "EMPLOYMENT VISA IS IN PROGRESS".

THANKS

Hello,

I have now same position like you.can you tell me then you got the Bahrain visa ?

This is what  having right now and I called them, they said he will go to their office, and bothering

Hello and welcome Benedict,

You are responding to an old thread ...(2014 - 2018)

Regards

Bhavna