Researching Barranquilla

Hi,
I am looking into jobs in Barranquilla and wanted to get some information about the city for athletes. Some of the issues I have questions about are:

1. Safety (I'm female)
2. Is it possible to ride a bike there (other than for commuting)? Safe roads? Not heavily traveled roads outside of the city?
3. Running?
Or maybe I should ask about water sports?  :) Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)? Kayaking?

I've read the people are very nice - please feel free to add to this and tell me more about the culture.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Have a great day!

Hello..
Safetly is alright in parts of thecity.. youll find parks were people run.. ride a bike should not be a problem.. ive seen lots of people riding from bquilla to cartagena

Water sports.. im sorry but ive got no idea..

Hope this helped u..

[ Moderated :  :offtopic:  ]

Thank you!

1. Safety (I'm female)
- its not as bad as every one thinks barranquilla has is areas which are bad to walk alone but its so does every country
2. Is it possible to ride a bike there (other than for commuting)? Safe roads? Not heavily traveled roads outside of the city? - traffic is usually heavy during after work hours la hora pico bikes ? moto ? yes its usually best
3. Running?
Or maybe I should ask about water sports?  :) Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)? Kayaking? water sports not much water area to do so but in santa marta which is 2hrs away you can

@ A.WINKZ45 > Thank you for your contribution, however please note that this thread is quite old (2014 :) )

Feel free to participate on more recent threads.

Thank you,

Priscilla

hello , good evening,
well i live in barranquilla,   the city is a bit dirty , sometimes too hot, People are ok, but not very well manerred

eduardo55 wrote:

I live in barranquilla,   the city is a bit dirty , sometimes too hot, People are ok, but not very well mannered

Why do you live in such a place?

I cant believe some of these threads..

either the OPs are trolling or extremely , extremely naive...

Do you live in the North or South?

i live in the centre of town.  But i am familiar with all locations here in barranquilla, and santa marta