If i buy a land for name of my girlfriend and then i do leasing

No chastising needed...If you will notice I started my last sentence off with "IF"...Perhaps you should refresh yourself as to the meaning of that word and then you would realize it is construed as maybe or maybe not...So my word to you is don't be so sensitive and read more carefully before you jump... :)

You seem to have an overly sensitive ego to have to go out of your way to protect it by parsing words.  Your meaning was clear.  My advice to you is to just think before you comment.  Lets keep it civil.

Ate1 wrote:

You seem to have an overly sensitive ego to have to go out of your way to protect it by parsing words.  Your meaning was clear.  My advice to you is to just think before you comment.  Lets keep it civil.

Talk about EGOS...lol...Look in the mirror when you say one goes out of their way by parsing words...Besides whats more civil than bringing a Merriam Websters meaning to someones attention..Some may think that is only being informative while others of an arrogant nature may see it in a different light...

Don't do it!  As much as you think you can trust her, you are setting yourself up to lose money. I had a girlfriend there for six years and I was about to do the same thing when I found out she wasn't as faithful as I thought she was! Thank God I found out before I made that mistake!

Thanks for all advice, infact sure like in any other country, people from a big city and people from province are different,  then dipent what kind of people you like,  honestly  i like people from province, that is why i find my girlfriend from province, but with this i nkn mean people from city bad o good people, them just different. Yes it is true that some people lucky and find soon a right one then marry and after them live happy without any problem, but who knows what happen in future so it is better always take care. Even good people some times can change.
So if we can non give power of attorney in other one i think it is better.

If you dont want to buy a piece of property in the name of your girlfriend then try to find another person like a friend or any trustworthy locals... ..... with conditions:

1. You must use the property for good faith....
    a.) You must NOT use it to house minors for sexual purpose
    b.) You must NOT use the property to house terrorists and other criminals
    c.) No criminal and any illegal activities or purpose to do such inside the property...

2.) Mutual trust.... between parties

NOTE: Any illegal activities to happen inside the property, would make the person liable to the law of the Philippines. its the reason why you should make sure that the property is for good purpose. To whom the property is named, he/she would be liable and would face charges and would be even send to jail if any illegal activities would happen inside the property... its the law in the Philippines.

To tell everyone frankly, many expats and foreign nationals in the Philippines use the locals to own a property then use it to manufacture drugs, or use it as sex den,  etc....

If the condition above is okay then proceed to step 2

1.) Find a lawyer to work for the matter
2.) Make an agreement or contract between you and a person in which your property should be named or we call it mutual binding stating that you will in trust your small investment to him/her and to his/her name but the ownership of the property should be retain to you for a certain period. Then the binding should be notarized by a public lawyer as evidence... In case of trouble in the future, you have a legal document that could prove that you are the real owner.

Othes.............

Good luck friend! I hope things work out for you.

Thanks

You are outside of topic o Question please just talk about question and advice if you have. Thanks

Best of Luck!

every guy here telling you to be careful has in some way been scammed ........................we all walk around thinking it wont happen to us.............all we are saying at first rent and see how things go ...........

Yes thanks all expat infact now i live with my girlfriend and we rent a appartement. But i non like to live always in a appartement. In oder side my situation also different because she work, and have her salary. That mean help in house and also in buy land.

beware of lots in tagbiliran coz there are still existing no title lots.

anyway, if you have problems in the future, just let me know. good luck

Thanks yes i will, if i need some more question o need help

personally i would look into building a low cost house ......a cob house .......why do people go there and pick the most expensive way to build ? ...........all the information can be found easily on the net all it would take is looking ......the skills you need are basic so much so anyone can do it

isisian wrote:

personally i would look into building a low cost house ......a cob house .......why do people go there and pick the most expensive way to build ? ...........all the information can be found easily on the net all it would take is looking ......the skills you need are basic so much so anyone can do it

for construction, ive got a friend who can do it for you at 15k per sqm.

professor cebu wrote:
isisian wrote:

You have got to be kidding...That would be 15 million for 100 SQM house...crazy...Must be BEVERLY HILLS, Philippines...LOL

my friend had a nipa style home built for just 80,000 pesos.. made of bamboo.  he added aircondioning and bamboo furniture.. total cost for his home under 95,000 pesos.. and the lot here in the province was 40,000 pesos for 550 sqm..  that's about 3000 usd..  theres no reason to buy a big expensive home.. unless your convinced that you will live here for many many years..

well i am a builder and engineer my self ...............just i see a cob house as interesting project you can build a Solar Chimney for Passive Cooling lots you can do there really ........and is a cob house good ? some in the UK are 500 years old ........its a style of building used all over the world ........and you can mix old and new together you can still use brick and block .............anyone can do it yes it helps what your level of skill is

vetretreat wrote:
professor cebu wrote:
isisian wrote:

You have got to be kidding...That would be 15 million for 100 SQM house...crazy...Must be BEVERLY HILLS, Philippines...LOL

its either you are d*mb or you are just a nuisance to me... 15,000 x 100 = 1,500,000 ... not 15m... let your mind, if you have, work first before your mouth...

the idea of a cob house its cheap to build ........ " for construction, ive got a friend who can do it for you at 15k per sqm."......................most people will tell you that's way to much to pay for building a normal house ............for building a cob house you must be joking ...................people here in the UK do it for £3,000

isisian wrote:

the idea of a cob house its cheap to build ........ " for construction, ive got a friend who can do it for you at 15k per sqm."......................most people will tell you that's way to much to pay for building a normal house ............for building a cob house you must be joking ...................people here in the UK do it for £3,000

we call your cob house there is what we call socialized housing here.. dude, clearly you have no idea about construction. that price is average and it includes everything not only structural but also architectural and engineering design...

of course you could find cheaper one like 7k-9k per sqm.. but is a shell or structure only...  good luck on ur cob house

its either you are d*mb or you are just a nuisance to me... 15,000 x 100 = 1,500,000 ... not 15m... let your mind, if you have, work first before your mouth.............
vetretreat.........sure that's a fair price for building work
Just a cob house is a self build project but of course to speed things up makes sense to get help where and when you need it ..............i can do all the work my self and i still get help when i need it

professor cebu                    clearly you have no idea about construction that price is average and it includes everything not only structural but also architectural and engineering design.........well i do !  i design the house my self why would i be paying for anything more than building cost that would be a rip off ......dude
15k per sqm .....................now 7k to 9k per sqm  its getting cheaper all the time of course not as good as your friend
you call it socialized housing there......................we call what your saying a rip off here

I donot know because i non have enough information for cost of building here, i am too an engineer. But i think 15k is so much.

professor cebu wrote:
vetretreat wrote:
professor cebu wrote:

its either you are d*mb or you are just a nuisance to me... 15,000 x 100 = 1,500,000 ... not 15m... let your mind, if you have, work first before your mouth...

I stand corrected...Had one to many...LOL...

Hello.  What are the tax savings on the cob house?  Would you know?  It seems that building the low-cost home, which would not be for long-term living, would also save a significant amount of money when the assessment is done.  I am just curious to know that.    (I usually rent.  The only way I would consider investing a significant amount of money in building a home would be if it were because I was planning to have a family and I, of course< would want to give them security and a nice place to live.  But this is only for my way of thinking. I am sure others have their own ideas about what they want to do for themselves.) 

Thanks

Paesano, think carefully about your game-plan!   Maybe you should just live there for one year before you make any decisions.  Pensa!

Hello.  What are the tax savings on the cob house?.................two things in life you will never get away from death and taxes .......................its all very well to have dreams but dont forget to live
No a cob house has to be something where you do your own research ......anyone can build a house for you but its you that will make it a home .......a cob house you design your self for your own way of living ........your design can be wild or it can be basic to your needs .........it will always depend on the money where you live of course .....but a cob house is cheap to build that's a fact ...........can you do it ? ....depends on you the skills you have ....but the skills needed are simple ones and again you can always get help...............its not for everyone no ....... i own a hand built car everyone loves it few could care for it i am lucky i can but then i am a builder and engineer
to build anything there is cheap really..........so why build a low cost house for the only reason i get to design it for living in make the home i want .............that's the reason i like the idea ...............maybe its not for you .....but if you do build a house there look at all the ways you can do it with a open mind ..........and pick whats best for you

Isisian, thanks!

The only thing I would add to this is to keep in mind that if you are going to lease property, you probably don't need to purchase it, or even use your girlfriend or wife.  I'm just suggesting that a 50 year lease for you to have control on property might better serve you if you lease from someone else.

Also, keep in mind that no matter how much you trust your girlfriend, if by some act of God she is removed from the picture, you may need to protect yourself from other family members or other people.

Yes you are right Roger

It would be interesting to know if leasing in the Philippines is actually legal.  I know it is done,  but the reason why I raise the issue of it being really legal is because I remember when I was living in Thailand, another Asian country where there is no freehold, leasing was also a strategy that some foreigners pursued, however, a Thai lawyer had told me  that leasing by foreigners may not be legal.  He said knowing that many did this there and there were Thai lawyers suggesting this strategy to clients, but, he said, the issue was moot because the law does not say a Thai can or can't lease his property to foreigners.  The Thai Supreme Court has never weighed-in on the issue, so there is no official position of the law.  He said that if leasing to foreigners were ever challenged and wound up in the Supreme Court there, it could declare all such leasing agreements illegal.  I wonder if this may also be the case in the Philippines?  Would you happen to know anything about this?  Maybe leasing to foreigners in the Philippines is officially sanctioned by the law and is incontrovertible.

Ate 1 , i donot know if it is legal o not , but here is little different then thailand , i was also in thailand.  In PRV here write , you should deposit 20.000 usd dollar but with this money you can lease land o house o buy condominio. And it is legal . But here for lease there is condition  that you have to take attention for that.

Regarding leasing land this is the answer I received with a reference to the retirement system.  It suggests that the retirement system clearly specifies long term leases as part of the retirement option for expats.

However this deposit may be used for the following investments after your SRRV is issued:
1) Deposit on the purchase of a condominium unit with a value greater than USD50,000.00
2} Long term lease of a house and lot (minimum 25 years).

Further SRRV information may be found in the PRA website at www.pra.gov.ph

giovannigio wrote:

Ate 1 , i donot know if it is legal o not , but here is little different then thailand , i was also in thailand.  In PRV here write , you should deposit 20.000 usd dollar but with this money you can lease land o house o buy condominio. And it is legal . But here for lease there is condition  that you have to take attention for that.

just pass your head ache to your property manager. ;) i know what is the best for you if ever you find the lawyer's fee a bit expensive.

What do you mean about tax savings,  you mean income tax saving for your USA taxes?  or Property taxes in the the Philippines?  With regard to income tax saving I think you would have to research IRS rules.  However, I don't think the USA is going to reward you (in the form of benefits) for investing your money overseas.  Property tax in the Philippines is very very cheep.

that's not true.. you can love your girlfriend.. but sometimes its not easy to trust her.   things happen in relationships and we all must protect ourselves.   we never know what the future will bring. maybe she will find another guy that she loves more.. what will happen?  she will take his home and land and he will be left in the cold. this happens here all the time, that's why I suggest renting a home or building a nipa style home on a cheap lot in the province.. so, in case something happens, he will not lose much

Good thinking. I had the same thought.  Set up so you keep your potential loss to a minimum.  But I don't think it is a good idea- at least for me- to think of even buying like that unless I had a baby with the girl and put it all under the child's name.  Better that your blood gets it than a wayward girlfriend.  Like you said, you have to protect yourself.

yes.. but think about it.. in this province you can find land for 150p per sqm.. its cheaper to buy a lot and build a native home on it, than it is to rent for a year..  I like province living, but some people dont