Driving license

Dear All

I am holding Indian Driving license, but not certified with or registered as International license. Since I am having only one week to depart to Bahrain, please do guide me on this.

1. Is it possible to use my Driving license without international for converting in Bahrain.
2. Else can I get fresh driving license from Bahrain.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Regards

Antony

Hello there. You cannot convert your Indian driving license to a Bahraini one. You need to apply for a new license and take the course as required. It is a long process so as soon as you get your CPR, start the process.

Dear all,
I have recently arrived to Bahrain and am interested in the process of getting drivers' lecense. I've read in some news that there have been recently issued a new ban for driving concerning those expats whose job does not pressopose driving. I'm a teacher, I plan to get my cpr in 2 weeks. Surely my job is not connected with driving. But I live too far from the centre, and there is no public transport and the place where I live. How can I solve this problem except for the taxi, cause I think it's too expensive for me. If it is still possible for me to get drivers' license and to rent a car, please, inform me of the procedure. What to start with and where? Thanks for your help in advance :-)

emma240186 wrote:

Dear all,
I have recently arrived to Bahrain and am interested in the process of getting drivers' lecense. I've read in some news that there have been recently issued a new ban for driving concerning those expats whose job does not pressopose driving. I'm a teacher, I plan to get my cpr in 2 weeks. Surely my job is not connected with driving. But I live too far from the centre, and there is no public transport and the place where I live. How can I solve this problem except for the taxi, cause I think it's too expensive for me. If it is still possible for me to get drivers' license and to rent a car, please, inform me of the procedure. What to start with and where? Thanks for your help in advance :-)

Добро пожаловать в Бахрейн!

The proposed ban on foreigners getting  drivers' licenses has been dropped....for now.
As for the process of getting a license, it depends on whether you have one now and what country it is from if you do. If it is from the US or UK, then it is very easy and there are a number of threads explaining the process. For example: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370779

But if it is from Russia, тогда я не знаю.

Привет,
Welcome to Bahrain. Я - тоже учитель и живу далеко от центра, и также подумываю получить права. Давай общаться.
[email protected]
Ирина

Bella2011 wrote:

Привет,
Welcome to Bahrain. Я - тоже учитель и живу далеко от центра, и также подумываю получить права. Давай общаться.
[email protected]
Ирина

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that we can understand your post.Thank you.