How to register the company in Malta

Hi, all,

I appreciate advice of anyone who registered/formed business in Malta. I & my husband want to do this in Malta. We are currently abroad. So the questions I have:

1) Anyone did it by himself/herself without help of agencies? Help would much appreciates?
2) Can you do this from abroad? Or you have to come to Malta?
3) Can you recommend good and not expensive help with forming the company in Malta?

Thanks!
V.

Hello vale18!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope somebody give you some tips about how to proceed soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thank you! Anyone, please help. Would be grateful.

Try "Business First".  RR :top:

Thank you. Any specific contact?

No, but it might benefit you to make a little effort yourself.
The effort required might also contribute to the success of your new Company.
RR. :dumbom:

Hi

You cannot formally manage the company from abroad - it should be local representative and registered address
To register... hmm.... Formally you can, but it takes some time, especially to open bank account

Hi Vale,

Sorry, I am rarely here nowadays, otherwise advice on this would have been provided a long time ago.

To bring you up to speed, you can indeed register a company yourself but this will require a lot of hard-work and headache. You being abroad right now is also not helping because you need to have a registered office in Malta.

There is a minimum authorised and issued share capital of 1,165 of which only 20% need be paid up. Corporate directors are permitted and normally a minimum of 2 shareholders (One shareholder can also do, but you will have a few issues down the line). The usual M&A will need to be drafted, but avoid including licensable activities in the objectives as the MFSA takes a dislike to such drafts. 

If you structure the set-up well, you will be entitled to Tax refunds down the line as the Maltese imputation system is applicable on earnings to overseas shareholders.

If you need any help (Please PM)

Regards
Meddie

Thanks everybody for your help and answers! Meddie, I PMed you.