Applying Resident Permit from Hungary with my wife

Wiiling to move to gyor

It will be much appreciated if you introduce yourself more then just saying " this is me".

Who are you and what is the reason that you come to Hungary?

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
I'm sure that the members of this forum are helpful to answer them.

I wish to inform yourself that I am a family member of an EU Citizen.To specify further ,I am here in India(Punjab),an Indian Citizen and my wife is in Hungary,an Hungarian Citizen.We are married here in India and are also having the said Marriage Certificate from both the Authorities Indian as well as Hungarian.I will be willing to go to Hungary on a short term visa then there afterwards ,I  wish to apply my Resident Permit form Hungary with my wife .Could You Kindly help me out,In getting the Exact and AccurateInfo,Regarding , What documents are needed from my as well as my wife's side ?What is the total process like and where to begin all this .If U can help me out regarding it I would be really grateful as I am pretty much confused right now.Thank - You

With Regards ,
Varun Chadha
Jalandhar City ,
Punjab .

This has been covered several times. Best to search the forum.  Someone posted a very exact description of what to do if you are coming from India.

Look here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29413#332860

My simple advice is to talk to someone at your local Hungarian embassy in India.
It is so much harder to get all the paperwork done once you are in Hungary. If you come over as a tourist and then try to stay as a resident, it is insane and hard unless you hire a lawyer.
i was silly enough to move to HU with my HU husband permanetly without researching resident permits before hand.
Immigration services is slow and difficult in Budapest, they are much more helpful at your local embassy. BTW, my cousin's husband is from India, was are American Ruysin,, just interesting how 2 so different cultures got together.

Hello I had a question for you. My name is Justin by the way. Seeing as you are American like myself :) is it possible for my partner and I to go to Hungary on a tourist visa, get married and then apply for residency get a job etc. We have been together for almost 4 years now :)

Not sure Justin if you are asking my advice or not.
I would say it takes a very long time in Hungary to get any legal paperwork done.
I wouldn't count on it going easy or fast to get married in HU.
My son was dual citizen, US and HU, he married a HU lady.
It still took forever and a year, a least several months time.
I have no idea how it works here for 2 Americans getting married in Hungary, I don't think you have any base to stay in HU if at least one of you isn't a HU citizen or if neither of you already have a job lead here with a contract to work.
Sorry, don't know more.
I have been married to a HU citizen since 1978, been together since 1975. Our child is a HU citizen and I still made the huge mistake of coming to HU as a tourist and then applying for a resident permit. Took a very long time, over 6 months and at one point I was told I had 90 days to leave HU, silly they acted like I was some Ho my husband found on the street, that's the amount of respect and care given at immigration. Check it out a the HU embassy before doing anything rash.

Thank you so much for answering me back. My partner is Hungarian.

That is a big plus but still do whatever you can paperwork wise before coming to HU.
I thought it would be a snap for me but it wasn't.
It's all about money here and formalities.
Like I have stated before, it has been 4 years since my immigration hassles but both my husband and I are still upset, it was bad stuff.
Maybe he and I are more sensitive, he escaped when it was still communist here and he thinks nothing really has changed in 40 some years here in HU. Still the show is being run by the same type of jerks.
Seriously, we are "old" but still not ready to roll over, thinking of leaving here even though for us our situation is very easy here, just hate living around BS. If I was younger, believe me there are better places on earth to live, think it over good before coming here. I understand many people are in a honeymoon stage when they see the low prices etc. in HU but once you wake up it is scary. Read whatever you can about issues here before arriving. It really still is wild here and for us not used to the way of life here it can be a huge shock. People will skin you alive here if they have half a chance.Seriously all normal rules are tossed out the window here. Illegal to own guns but I have neighbors that have them etc. Only the worst of the worst survive here. I know several people in Vegas who actually ran away fro HU,the mob was after them since they own small businesses in Budapest and something went south. They have their family come visit them in the uS rather then come here and run into trouble.
I hate the way I sound, so negative but 40 some years and knowing allot of different people here and in the US has been a huge eye opener. Be careful and do your research. If you are young, it is easier to get something for your hard work somewhere other then in HU. Most educated Hungarians are leaving HU in droves.
Again, my husband and I are retired and like the prices, that is about the only thing I can say on the positive side, that and the dentists are alright, at least their prices are ok. SE Asia sounds more appealing and at least they don't try to sell it as anything other then 3rd world.