Vietnamese passport application - where to go for documentation?

Hello

Can anyone tell me where I must got to obtain documentation to apply for a passport for a Vietnamese Citizen ?

From what I've read, it's at the immigration department on Nguyen Trai street.

Is this information still valid ?

Kind regards,

Hi,

yes, it's right
254 Nguyễn Trãi, Ward 1, HCM- Tel: 08. 9201701

If not, go to this address:

161 Nguyễn Du,Bến Thành , dist 1,HCM

Good luck!

It was actually Nguyen Du after all.

Just back from there now.

Thanks for replying.

What document that we need to bring in order to apply for a VN passport (Ho Chieu) ?

Thanks for any response.

TVBZ28 wrote:

What document that we need to bring in order to apply for a VN passport (Ho Chieu) ?

The biggest skill is knowing how to pass bribe money to the guy accepting your paperwork - discretely.

I have known VN passports to take from a day to 43 days to be produced. Money talks.

As with most countries, the first one takes longer as they have to gather all the data together and do criminal record checks (paper-based) as well as tax checks. Takes longer, too, if you are in the countryside.

But be happy - it was only a few years ago when you needed property, money or other family members as security to remain as a guarantee to return,to leave the country. Or exit visas. These days seemingly they do few visible checks on exiting citizens.

I remember when the right to obtain a passport was eased - the most unlikely people used to get them such as child vendors on the streets.

IF anyone has a child that is born in VN, go get a VN passport FIRST, then go for your home countries passport. Do it the other way around and you are SOL unless a parent is a VNese citizen.

You only need 1 X01form (can go to Nguyen Du and get the form or download  here Formand 2 newest 4x6 photos. It takes under 14 days to be produced. Pretty easy.

Thanks Avi Tran & Jaitch. I forgot to mentioned (a minor detail :)  that I am US Citizen, and still have my old The Can Cuoc issued before 1975. I planned to visit by end of year and wondered whether  to do it here in USA (San Francisco) or wait until I am in VN. Regards. TVB

You can find usefull information here  Nationality
If not I think you should email and ask about your case because your Can Cuoc issued before 1975, quite long time ago.
Hope it help.

Thanks Avi for the link. Are you currently living in VN and a Vietnamese citizen or an expat?
I will be in VN later next month.

Hi, Vietnam Immigration Department in the South is located at No 161 Nguyen Du, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. You can go there to obtain documentation to apply for a passport for a Vietnamese citizens.

FYIL: Kindly inform your friends who wish to travel to Vietnam nex time about the new lower stamping fee, which was cut down up to 47%. They can apply for Vietnam visa at embassy or online at Vietnam-visa.com. The new Vietnam visa stamping fee will save much money. Welcome to Vietnam.

Thank you :)

Viet pasport cost 200,000 , validity 10 years , processing time 10 days