How to find a job in Singapore

Hi, my name is Russel from the philippines and i'm planning to go to singapore as a tourist while looking for a job..I have over 3 years experience in customer service. I applied online (jobpraido) mostly for CSR but until now I haven't gotten any response from any companies I applied for. Will I get high chances of landing a job if I apply walk in when i'm already in singapore? Also, what part in singapore should I stay that offer more jobs?

I had to google jobpraido, since I don't know this site.
What I found were complaints about job scams on the site.
But on jobpraido.com I can only see links to other pages - it's only a domain parking page.
If you are serious about finding a job in Singapore, use the usual job ads sites like jobstreet, jobsdb, etc.

Russ20 wrote:

Also, what part in singapore should I stay that offer more jobs?

Singapore is small. It doesn't matter where you stay - you can reach any other place in the country within an hour.

Thank you beppi..I appreciate all the information..I will check other reliable websites then..:)

beppi wrote:

I had to google jobpraido, since I don't know this site.
What I found were complaints about job scams on the site.
But on jobpraido.com I can only see links to other pages - it's only a domain parking page.
If you are serious about finding a job in Singapore, use the usual job ads sites like jobstreet, jobsdb, etc.

Russ20 wrote:

Also, what part in singapore should I stay that offer more jobs?

Singapore is small. It doesn't matter where you stay - you can reach any other place in the country within an hour.

Can you give advice about what's the best of this sites for IT?

JohnD3000 wrote:

[Can you give advice about what's the best of this sites for IT?

Sorry, I know nothing about IT. Why don't you try the job sites and build your own opinion? You are welcome to then post it here!

I did applied online for many jobs in Singapore (Jobstreet, JobsDB, Indeed, etc....) but I did not get any reply. All I get was confirmations that they got my CV. I think they really choose applicants who are in SG already OR courses/majors that are related to the job you are applying for. I'm an English major applying as customer service rep in SG but I guess I'll just teach in other Asian countries instead :)

JohnD3000 Spring Professional is one http://www.springasia.com/it-jobs/it-jobs.aspx

In addition Michael Page and Robert Walters

kattie1120: it is a well-known fact that Singapore employers rarely invite applicants for interviews that are not present in the country. You can increase your chances by arranging a trip and mention in your application that you will be there and available for a discussion on such and such dates.
Of course the employers prefer people with the right education (degree) for the job - not least because without it you are unlikely to get a work visa.

Hi all,

JobsDB and JobStreet are very good. Others mentioned STJobs and the classifieds but there are also some job portals that were missed out, JobsCentral and Monster SG.

Gd luck!

Most candidates go through at least two rounds of interviews when applying for executive positions in Singapore. If you are applying from overseas, you may be required to meet a recruitment manager at the company's branch office in your country. Alternatively, a phone interview could be conducted, so be sure to practise your telephone etiquette.

The first interview usually serves to shortlist the pool of applicants. The employer will ask generic questions about your education and work experience to determine whether you are suited for the position. Subsequent interviews will focus on your technical expertise, and may include behavioural-based questions. There may also be aptitude tests and personality or psychometric questionnaires.

Before your interview, research on the company to know more about their products or services, the business challenges they face, their future plans, and so on. Prepare for commonly asked questions such as, "Tell me about yourself", "What are your strengths and weaknesses", and "What would you bring to the job". You might like to run through a mock interview with a friend so you can rehearse your answers and the appropriate body language.

And of course, do not overlook basic etiquette such as punctuality and dressing appropriately. Singapore is still a fairly conservative society, so it is generally a better idea to present a "modest", professional image.

Do also prepare some questions for the interviewer. You should take this opportunity to find out more about the job, department and the company. This shows you are interested and have given the job careful consideration. Do not ask about your salary during the first interview – it might give the impression that you are only interested in the money rather than the job. Salary negotiations can wait until you have been formally offered the job.

Good luck for your job-hunt, and here's to a successful career in Singapore!

First of all you need to check if you are eligible to work in Singapore. Also you need get to know your job sector in Singapore. Then find an employment, apply for a job. Be careful with you choice now there are so many unreliable companies. 
Here are some good websites where you can find a job.
- HigherEd Jobs
- Jobs.ac.uk
- Jobs Central – Singapore
- Jobstreet – Singapore

Hi, am a Nigeria and i intend moving to Singapore, pls do anybody here ve any idea on how i should go abt it. Thks

Mttilight: Your question is too broad to be answered here. Please read the many existing discussions about this topic on the forum, especially about the types of visa available and what requirements you have to fulfill to get one. If then you still have some detailed questions unanswered, please come back and post them here.

Mattilight: I just saw from your other forum posts that
1. you are also asking about moving to Canada and Jordan.
2. you are intending to work as a bricklayer or hair cutter.

My advice:
1. Looking for "any job, anywhere" won't work. Moving abroad is difficult - you have to be dedicated and focussed, otherwise you will not succeed.
2. You have no chance to work in these professions in Singapore. You must focus on skills you have that are rare among the local population and workers from preferred Asian sources.

@ beppi, i really appreciate ur concerns towards my questions, may God bless u. Pls which sector in job opportunities do think one need to ve skill as regard to it in Singapore? Thks

Most non-Asian foreigners work in technology and finance. You need a (recognised) university degree for this, plus relevant work experience and niche skills.
Unskilled jobs, like construction workers (who are 100% foreigners), are only hired from designated source countries - all of which are in Asia.
In addition, sadly, there is quite a bit of discrimination against people of darker skin colour (and very little legislation against it).

@beppi, thks alut for your enlightenment, i appriciate

I am currently in Zambia. Will these websites help with my job search?

shattter wrote:

I am currently in Zambia. Will these websites help with my job search?

Unlikely. Unless you REALLY stick out of the crowd, Singapore employers rarely consider or interview someone who isn't in the country yet. If you're serious about finding a job there, you'll have to visit (and not just for a week or two).

I had great luck with snaphunt.com. Its a new platform, has good openings, but what works best is that it is transparent and very focused -  Would suggest giving it a go.