Moving to Islamabad with a dog

Hi guys,

as I consider to move to Islamabad, a lot of questions arise. One of the key questions is whether it is possible to bring a dog to Islamabad and keep it there. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it possible to walk a dog on a leash through the city? What do Pakistanis think about dogs?  Are there a lot of stray dogs? I would appreciate any information about experiences you gained regarding this topic.

Hi,

Absolutely, no worries there.
I have always kept a dog in Islamabad since I was 6! I have a Lab now and it's not even a question whether we as Pakistani's accept a dog or not.. Of course we do! Now I am not a cat person otherwise I would've told you to keep it there :P ... In Islamabad there are numerous professional Vets you can take your dog to. Dr. Faisal sits in F-7/3 Market and Dr. Rana has a clinic in E-7. So don't worry, your dog would be pampered n all - just like any other place in the world.

on a lighter note and truth be told: Our current prime minister keeps a Lion at his place - and our ex-President was himself a dog :)

Bring your dog with you, your dog will really enjoy, There is no issue that what people will think or say, there are so many people with dogs, some have very dangerous dogs like bull terior, german sheferds etc.

German Shepard is the Best Dog my friend... not dangerous :)

in Pakistan u can go any where with ur dog or any pet freely