Dog walking service and behavioural training

Not enough time to give your dog the attention he needs? Do you live or work in Amsterdam (South) or Amstelveen? Stapper Dogs can take your dog out for a nice walk in the 'Amsterdamse Bos' (forest) once or twice a day.

How does it work?
I, a caring dog walker with many years of dog walking experience (of which 4 years professionally), will come by your house or office to pick up your dog in my speical equiped dog van.
After having collected approximately five dogs I will drive to the forest where your dog will walk, sniff, run and play with the other dogs for about an hour. Afterwards he will be brought back to your home or office.

Stapper Dogs also offers behavioural training for your dog by a certified trainer.

In case of questions of if you would like to make an appointment please do not hesitate to contact us (moderated: no ads please)

Hi, would have loved you to walk my dog reguarly, but live in Arnhem. Wanted to check if you might host my dog (for a charge of course) in Oct when I travel.

Do get back please,

Deepa

Hi Deepa,

Thanks for your message. Too bad you don't live in Amsterdam, Arnhem is indeed a bit (!) far to be able to walk your dog!

I occasionaly take dogs for stay overs, but it does depend on when, for how long and most importantly on the dog.
I live on the 3rd floor with no elevator, so the dog needs to be able to climb the stairs. I also have two cats. Please send me an E-mail at [email protected] with some additional information. If you leave your phone number I will contact you next week as I will be away this weekend.

Thanks,

Mariette
Stapper Dogs

My husband and I will be moving here in January 2015 and would like to know if dogs can handle the steep staircases that some of the apartments have. We are still looking and don't want to make a mistake. Our dog is healthy, eight years old, and weighs about 30 lbs.

Welcome on board Renakirsh  :cheers:

The steep stairs you mention is, as far as I know, only in old houses.
If you are looking for an apartment then its good to know that in flats with four and more floors there will be an elevator.

Hello! It's great you're checking about your dog before moving.
It is the case that only the much older houses have these steep steps. Some dogs find them easier than others (depending on their size and how clumsy they are!)

It's also true that buildings with 4+ floors will have an elevator.

You should keep in mind that as your dog gets older, he or she may develop stiff or painful joints, which would make stairs quite painful and may irritate the joints further. It's generally recommended not to let dogs walk up and down too many steps as this actually puts a lot of pressure on their knees and hips. This might be something to keep in mind if you get a house with a lot of steps but no elevator. (I've got an elderly dog myself, an 11.5kg cocker spaniel, and no elevator, so I lift her up and down 4 floors worth of steps 3x a day! At least I'm getting strong, heehee...)

Good luck!

Please can someone help me. My 5 year old Briard is so boisterous when I walk him with other dogs
I need some help in training him properly or he will have to be re homed