Possible relocation to KL

I would like to join in on a chat, as I'm now in the initial stages of research for our possible relocation to KL.  My husband is required to open offices for his company in Asia and KL seems to be the better option (with the exception of the very expensive Singapore).  We have 1 child, aged 7 and now need tons of information - but first I do need advice on which areas in KL is best to base ourselves.  We are considering a UK based education, so once again, any tips or information is very much appreciated.

Dear Schaeffers,

Some areas you can consider is

-Ampang Hilir areas. At this areas there are many embassies around and you find many expats living in these areas. Besides that it is also a safe area.
-KLCC ( city center) For business purpose is good because of the numbers of traffic but for a place to stay I would not suggest because is too crowded and pollution ( based on my point of view).
-Mont Kiara - plenty of choices, many expats like to live around this place because near international schools, amenities, shopping malls.
-Desa Park City - This is a great place to stay because this housing environment you get to not only choose landed but also condo to stays. The best part is not near the city so you won't be too polluted and busy. Dogs are respected in this area and has the freedom to walk in the shops. In this area bicycling are encourage as well. Desa Park City has its own medical centre, club house as well as its international school. So its a convenient place to play. The drawn back is it takes 30 minutes to the city.

Hope it helps you understand a little about KL and if you ever need any help with accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact me, thank you.

Andrew

This link identifies some of the schools with the curriculum you want:

Overview of some schools offering UK type curriculum

You can do more research here:

MY School Advisor

Be aware however, that there may not be a vacancy for the year or group your child requires so it is important to check this out early on before choosing somewhere to live. The term starts again in early September as its summer recess now.

It will also be important that you live somewhere convenient for your husband's work place. Commuting can be a nightmare. In essence it is usually better to live close to the school. Two cars are probably going to be necessary if you live in Mont Kiara as it no public transport system.  The same goes for Desa Park City.