ADVICE! for first move to europe!

Hi, this is my first forum post ever. Thought I'd give it a go. I'm a graduate who really wants to leave the UK. I've been in Cardiff for nearly 5 years now, finishing a degree in sound technology. Now its time to travel.

I figured Belgium would be the best place to start, its close, and I've heard it has a lot to offer. I would really appreciate advice on where to begin I guess. I'm not fussy on jobs, anything part time. A little place to sleep would be great too. I reckon September would be my time of moving. So I'm using this month to research.

My question is. Is it possible to just rock up and ask around places to see if they need an extra pair of hands. Or do I need some prior contact? I only speak English. Belgium would just be temporary. anyone who has done European work/travel before, your advice would be awesome. Cheers.

Hello Huw91!

Welcome to Expat.com :D

Do you know in which city you will be in Belgium? I guess that if its temporary you could just rock up and ask if anybody needs a pair of hands. But it is always best to have some interviews before getting there ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thank you

Antwerp or Brussels are probably the major contenders.
Do you know the best kinds of places that would offer part time work? I was looking at bars and hotels maybe. I don't know how desirable a sound tech graduate would be...

Cheers

Huw

Hello Huw91  :cheers:

Bars and restaurants are best for these part time jobs, often paid on the day itself. You could try to explore other social websites and see if you can find some recording studios who would love to have a graduate sound tech up for mastering and mixing their tracks.

Try to seek some artists that could get you in the circuit.If I were you, I would have my laptop, recording gear and go throughout the city looking part time job from my passion! But hey...we all know the facts right?

Hope you get some tips from local members though!

Wish you all the best in your trip man!

Best regards
Kenjee