How to get J-1 or O-1 visas

Hi Guys !  :cheers:

I live in the US (Los Angeles) since May ! I am currently in an Acting School because I wanna Act in Hollywood.

I'm looking for a way to get a J-1 or O-1 Visa so I can take acting lessons and get an Extra Work (in a legal way) ! :unsure:

I've tried to call several schools like UCLA, USC, etc. but no school can provide a J-1 or O-1 Visa if you don't take part in their program..  :sosad:

So do you know any other way to get those Visas ?

Thanks !

Hello XaiteN!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that a new thread has been created on the Los Angeles forum so as to help you get better interactions to your post.

Regards
Kenjee

XaiteN wrote:

Hi Guys !  :cheers:

I live in the US (Los Angeles) since May ! I am currently in an Acting School because I wanna Act in Hollywood.

I'm looking for a way to get a J-1 or O-1 Visa so I can take acting lessons and get an Extra Work (in a legal way) ! :unsure:

I've tried to call several schools like UCLA, USC, etc. but no school can provide a J-1 or O-1 Visa if you don't take part in their program..  :sosad:

So do you know any other way to get those Visas ?

Thanks !

What type of visa are you on right now?

XaiteN wrote:

Why would any school sponsor a visa for someone who doesn't go to that school?

But if you take class at UCLA Extension for the Acting Certificate (for exemple because it's what you do currently), you can do a paid internship for 1 year after your program.
Of course they won't give you a visa just for fun. They're here to make money, you have to take class !
And forget the O-1, it's only for artists who already had success before in their country.