Cost of Living

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure you get asked about the cost of living in Gibraltar all the time, but I can't seem to find anything recent.

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children, we are moving to Gibraltar in January and trying to work out what kind of monthly budget we will need. Does anyone have any approximate costs for:

TV-broadband-Telephone
Mobile
Water
Gas/electricity
Council Tax
House Insurance
Food Costs
Petrol
Car Insurance
Swimming Lessons
Nursery Fees
Sports clubs (ie kids football, kickboxing for kids and adults)
Anything else i've missed?

Sorry I know it's a long list but have trawled the internet and can't really find anything.

Many thanks
Natalie

natalief19 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure you get asked about the cost of living in Gibraltar all the time, but I can't seem to find anything recent.

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children, we are moving to Gibraltar in January and trying to work out what kind of monthly budget we will need. Does anyone have any approximate costs for:

TV-broadband-Telephone  Telephone + not very broad broadband £32 / mnth + calls, no free calls
TV no license , If you are renting other TV costs paid by landlord ( access to about 300 channels )

Mobile
Water & Gas/electricity NO gas water and electric average £100 / mnth
Council Tax Again if renting should be paid by Landlord if owning £6.60 / square metre / year  but 10& discount if paid prompty bills 4 X per year.
House Insurance Minimal I pay £120 / year for contents, building insurance is covered by Community Charges which vary from development to development but average out at about £20-£25 / metre / year.
Food Costs Slightly higher than UK
Petrol £1.05ish / ltr Free buses.
Car Insurance I believe cheaper than UK and comes with a 1 tear green card
Swimming Lessons
Nursery Fees
Sports clubs (ie kids football, kickboxing for kids and adults)
Anything else i've missed?

Sorry I know it's a long list but have trawled the internet and can't really find anything.

Many thanks
Natalie

Hi

I haven't answered where I don't know

Grumpy

This is great! Thanks for all your help.

Hi
I should have said the Community / Service charge should be paid by the landlord if renting

Grumpy

ok, cool. thanks again.

Hi, my electric and water is usually around £80 per month, nursery fees are around £3 per hour per child, mobiles are as little or as much as you want but I don't use mine a lot and spend around £10 per month. Schools have lots of clubs and activities which are free. Hope that helps and good luck!

Hi,

This is great, thanks for your help. It's been really hard to try and find things out.

Thanks again.
Nat

You're welcome. :-)