Greetings

Hii my name is Peggy, curently live in scotland (Dumfrieshire) i relocated from Kenya 12 years ago and i am enjoying my stay in rural scotland. I have just been to kenya in July, it was a good experience for me given that i had not been there since 2009, everything has changed so much, the only thing i found frustrating was the  traffic jam on the roads and dealing with the banks, it was a nightmare dealing with the banks, i had an account with cooperative bank but the way i was treated, left a lot to be desired and i decided to change to  BBK, i am not sure whether it was a nice move. My brothers and sisters in Africa need to be trained in customer service, it is pathetic the way some of these employees talk to people in the bank. I managed to rent an apartment in the kilimani area, near yaya center, it was self catering. the owner was very professional and courteous, so were the security guards, always helpful and kind.
Im my last week of the holiday, i decided to go to Magharibi garden hotel in kisii, this was recommeded by one of the expats who live in Kenya and has now retired in Kenya too, the experience was amazing, all the staff at this hotel were very professional, polite and welcoming. there is a taxi service from Kisumu international airport to the hotel, and the local tourist attractions can be arranged too, i am looking forward to going back to this hotel  next year, the experience was amazing.

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for sharing your experience about Kenya with us.

I have moved it on the Kenya forum.

thank you christine

Thats very true,kenyan banks should learn how to handle their customer,am happy too yu had a nice treat in Kisii,next time try Mombasa

Its really disheartening to hear your story. Roads and traffic jam are truly bad. And if you happen to meet an accident it turns out to be a nightmare bcoz of not knowing a local language and not being a local. Some banks really give good service its not user friendly indeed. Much improvement needed with advance technology. Kenya is still improving slowly.

thank you

Kenya is improving yes but basic courtesy does not hurt. I have lived in Scotland now and the bank tellers are very polite and professional.  My experience in Kenya with coop bank was pathetic and thats why i decided to switich to BBK believing that since its an international org, i will be treated with respect. anyone dealing with customers directly should realize  that the customers come first and they are the main reason for  tellers being employed in the bank. Imagine a  situation where all the systems were computerised, then they would not be needed, so please treat your customers with the respect they deserve.

People seem to avoid it but i find Standard Chatered Bank standards as the best.