Meet up in Da Lat

Guys!
I will be in Da Lat from  5th (Tuesday) of August as part of business development trip. I would like to meet both expatriates and local Vietnamese for a nice chat in front of a drink with a nice atmosphere. Please feel free message me([email protected]) if you have free time. All are welcome!

hello!
I'm Kari.i'm living in Baoloc city,do you know?it's located on the way you head to Dalat city from HCM city and you need another 100km to get to Dalat city from my city.if you have time why dont you drop by sometime so that we can chat and have some typical highland coffee.or more if you want i can take you around my city.

Hi!
Thanks for the offer but I am not going by motorbike to drop by there. I invite you to join us in Da Lat  :D
We may take a 'Da Lat special' meals together  ;)

I-luv-VN,

Question: Is the site where they found the 700 A.D. Hindu temple maintained as an archaeological site? And if so are there any displays that would interest visitors?

I spent a night in Bao Loc in early 1969, out at the Special Forces camp. It was interesting only in that the camp commander, an VNCH Army captain, was from one of the minority tribes and spoke about five languages, including English and French. That was obviously before the Hindu temple was discovered.

I never stayed in Bao Loc  :)
The temple you mentioned in Bao Loc?

charmavietnam wrote:

I never stayed in Bao Loc  :)
The temple you mentioned in Bao Loc?

Charma and I-;uv-VN, if you get the chance, go by the Lam Dong provincial museum in Dalat, right across from the PetroSoviet hotel. (Note: It's closed from 12:00 to 2:00). Besides some better displays on local Dega tribes, they have a display with items recovered from a Hindu Temple in Bao Loc that dated to 700 a.d.. The temple ruins were apparently discovered while digging a Bauxite mine.

Archeologists are having to relook just how far upland the Cham city-states extended. Before, it was presumed that they were largely limited to the coasts.

Thanks lirelou  :)  I will remember that and try to go there.

i've never heard about the Hindu temple here.but i'm so curious and surely detective it.
thank for inviting me.i wish i could meet you up at Dalat city but it may not because of distance and lack of time.so if you get a chance to Bao Loc city.just let me know.