Setting up a Small business - what investment needed?

Hi,

Good to see such an experience person on the forum, I have few queries. If anyone moves to Australia specially to Perth what sort of small business he can setup and how much investment would it take. I have been a salaried person but I expect there will be less opportunities for job in Perth and for earn my living I can start a business.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ifraaz wrote:

Hi,

Good to see such an experience person on the forum, I have few queries. If anyone moves to Australia specially to Perth what sort of small business he can setup and how much investment would it take. I have been a salaried person but I expect there will be less opportunities for job in Perth and for earn my living I can start a business.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards,

I suggest you visit www.immi.gov.au and check out the information about business visas and starting up or buying a business.
Google 'business for sale perth' and see what comes up. This will give you an idea of prices. You will have to invest many thousands of dollars and employ locals in your business. You may be looking at more than $100,000 to get set up.
I suggest you think long and hard about exactly what sort of business you wish to invest in and whether you have sufficient funds to initially start a business then have money in reserve to fall back on. It is not just a question buying a businessone week, moving in and then raking in the dollars. You must have that reserve of funds and a back up plan if things go wrong. 
You have to deal with the tax office, local governments and councils etc etc before you get in the front door.

Perth is officially the most expensive city in Australia to live in. For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Unemployment is rising and the mines in West Australia are putting off staff as the mines go from the development stage into production.

I am not trying to sound negative but what I have stated is the reality

Hello Ifraaz!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Perth Forum so as to help you get better visibility there and increase reponse to the latter.

Regards
Kenjee