About cost of living and more for future expats - infos needed

A very good day to you Julien , my name is Keith im from Dublin Ireland. Myself and my wife are starting to make plans NOW for moving to Canada specifically Calgary and i am here hunting for information in this regard.

I am a motorcycle mechanic and my wife is finishing her second year in college training as a social worker. These are hopefully cross over skills which will lead us on our journey to Canada.

We have only just started doing our research on this and any information you can provide would be hugely appreciated in regards to suitable areas to live , cost of living in these areas and local amenities that would make specific locations more attractive to hopeful future ex pats.

Thank you for your time and i look forward to hearing from you

Keith & Cath  :par:

Hello Keith & Cath !

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Please note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Calgary Forum so as to help you get better visibility and interactions.

For the cost of living, you can have an idea by following this link :
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … ty=Calgary

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

For cost of living information you can try www.numbeo.com  just type in the name of the city you need information for. Just remember it's a general guideline based on what people there are adding, so while it may not be bang on, it will still be relatively accurate.

Many thanks to both of you for your assistance , researching a new life can be quite daunting and i appreciate your combined help.

Keith