Can you become a kuwaiti?

Hi guy's, love the forum. I learned a lot.
My question is the following: can I become a full kuwaiti with a kuwaiti passport? Like in other countries you get the passport of that country.

Thank you.

Hi there,
  As far as i know, you can not.
even if you marry kuwaiti girl, that won't even give you or yr future kids the nationality!

Girls can be if marry Kuwaiti
But mans can't be at all only if mother Kuwaiti  but it will take long
Thanks

So what are you if you live in Kuwait for a long time or if you want to live there forever?

It isn't like the United States.

You cannot be Kuwaiti unless your father IS Kuwaiti and if he is not but your mother is Kuwaiti you get some privileges but not the Kuwaiti nationality.

You are welcome to live here forever but you cannot become a Kuwaiti.

exactly

In your case you have only one chance to be a kuwaiti : You can gain citizenship if you made significant contribution to the state (aka khadamat jaleela). :)

Here comes my favorite part :D

Citizenship :P

I've written many articles in newspapers asking for a change to the Citizenship procedure ! Its hard sometimes but expats do get the nationality ;)

Here in Saudi Arabia we have a 23 points system !

And I've seen high professions get the nationality easily ;)

Regarding Kuwait well , Permanent Residence visas are provided to long serving expats !
Just like Bahrain , Qatar , UAE ! ( Self Sponsorship )

Bahrain is the best shot if you wanna become a Bahraini , plus if you lived in any GCC country for 15+ years you can stay in Bahrain forever ;) Later applying for Citizenship !

Countries like Oman , Qatar and UAE have laws stating expats who lived 20+ can apply for nationality !

No idea about Kuwait though !

And to prove the "Permanent Residency in Kuwait "

Article 24 :

Expatriates who have spent long years in Kuwait may sponsor themselves under article 24 of the regulations and obtain a residence for two to five years, provided they can support themselves financially and can produce a certificate of good conduct. This form of residence can be renewed upon expiry. Self-sponsored expatriates may sponsor their wives and children and are entitled to run their own business. 

Moving on to Citizenship :

Kuwaiti citizenship may be granted by the Minister of the Interior to, if he or she must satisfy all of the following:
has legally lived in Kuwait for 20 years continuously or 15 years if he or she is an Arab citizen. He or she will not be affected if she goes abroad for a business visit.
has legal ways of earning a living and has not been convicted of a crime.
knows the Arabic Language
is a Muslim by birth or converted to Islam 5 years prior to the declaration of naturalization. But if he or she has the intention of leaving Islam before naturalization they will not get citizenship.

Citizenship may be granted by the Minister of Interior, if he or she also must satisfy one of the following:
has rendered valuable services to the State of Kuwait.
has a Kuwaiti mother and father who is dead or divorced and lived in Kuwait till the age of majority.
is an Arab and lived in Kuwait before 1945 and maintained residence till the date of declaration of naturalization.
is a non-Arab and lived in Kuwait since before 1930 and maintained residence till the date of declaration of naturalization.

That's all the info necessary for you  :top:

My dear all these laws are just on paper.

23 points system in Saudi Arabia!!!!! The SA Gov deported Thousands of non-Saudi. Some of them lived in SA more than 20 and 25 years they even have families!!

In Qatar they give you nationality but they can take it back anytime. Its like a contract.

I've clearly said , those who got 23 points did receive the citizenship :)
My uncle did get it and many more friends , who got the necessary points ;)

Don't talk about the number of years , because if you live 10 years or 100 , there is just same reward for that !

Bahrain is the best options in my view !
Do some google , few months back almost 200 something Britons were awarded Bahraini Nationality !  :huh:

My fathers family were in Saudi from 60 years , some got the citizenship, some didn't !

As I am saying, Saudi Law just needs 23 points and there you go , BINGO  :lol:

P.S: Wasta is pretty much important in arab countries  :dumbom:

gunner757 wrote:

P.S: Wasta is pretty much important in arab countries  :dumbom:

Yes, Exactly it's all about Wasta not the 23 points !!!