Grasshopper (?) Invasion

Help!

As of today my flat is being invaded by grasshoppers.

This morning when I opened the blinds I saw what I thought were two cockroaches running along the balcony. They disappeared in a corner by the door to the balcony. This afternoon I saw something out of the corner of my eye crawling across the floor inside the windows. I thought it was a cockroach too. Its body was shaped like one and it crawled like one. But when I got closer I saw some crazy head and large back legs. And then it started jumping. It was a grasshopper. At least I think it is. But why would grasshoppers move into my flat? I'm on the 3rd floor and I don't even have any plants. Maybe it is really some freaky type of roach?

I got rid of the two I saw and was pretty sure these were the two from the balcony in the morning, especially since they were found just inside near where I had seen them just outside. A couple of hours later another one was crawling past. I got rid of it too. Since then there have been two more. That is 5 (so far) inside my flat in one day. Before today I never had one in my flat her or even saw one around.

Is this a common problem in Bahrain?
How do I get rid of them?!

No its not. Contact pest control

Try frying them, they are delicious.

In Bahrain they used to eat fried grasshoppers and barbecued desert lizards (Thab). Some people may still do if they can find them.

Ask your landlord for a pest control spray... In our building, the owner have contract with pest control company who visits once in 3 months & do the spray etc.